Need new shocks.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
Hey... I need new shocks on my cruiser. I'm running full width GM axles and was wondering what you guys would recommend. Looking for a smooth ride, but not too concerned about "incredible" performance. "ya'll smell what I'm steppin in"???
I can't say that stock Toyota, or GM shocks would work, I just don't know. I could measure it though...actually, my stock shocks are on it now, and work fine, but I am looking for a little aftermarket action.

Let me know..which way to ...go.

IV

soft shocks = Doestch Tech DT3000's...~$27 delivered from Summit Racing, but not stocked so you wait a bit.

I hate Rancho shocks, 5000's or 9000's, but that's just me.

My next set will be Bilstein 5100 or 5150's. Pricey, but great control offroad.

I run the DT 3000s and really like them. I have only had stock and POS things from NAPA to compare to.

If the DT3000's are too soft the DT8000 (prerunner's) are ~$35 from Summit. I have not run them, but I am considering getting a set for my dad's 40 to control body roll.

I like my raunchy 9000's on my soa'd 40 but I've seen them break on other rigs. They do honor their warranty.

Woody how come you dont like the rancho shocks? Have you seen them break too?

I do know I'll be putting bilsteins in my MB.

I am running stock springs on my 40 with a SO/SR. I like my Rancho 9000's as I can set them on the stiffest setting and it really helps with body roll on the street/corners as it was built for the street as much as for the trail.

Noah

i'm running the rancho 9000's and broke one.
i never even thought about a warrenty :doh:

i think these shocks are a waste of time and money.

Anyone running OME shocks out there who can compare to some of these others?

I run the doetsch tech pre-runners. Excellent shock for the dough. Great compromise for good body roll control and soft extension off-road. Also, I've had them for 7 years on the same truck, no noticable ride quality change, and have never leaked out. They also have a few dents and dings, and still work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom