Need Help with a Part number/VIN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a part number for a fuel hard line to go in my '83 project pickup. The tank I'm using is out of a '92 2wd shortbox but I need the hard line that runs from it to the fuel filter. The exact length isn't that important because I'm thinking I'll just mount the fuel line to the frame rail anyways. I'm trying to order the lines from McGeorge but without a Vin number they can't really tell me which part I need. Does anyone know the VIN designation for a 90s 2wd with the 22re?
Capture.JPG

They did provide me with these as well, Does anyone know what "usage" I might be looking for?

Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Try this VIN number - it's for a 1992 2WD shortbox regular cab truck.

JT4RN81A8N0100417

Well, I think there is another way. Learn to cut/bend/flare brake tubing. That is pretty much all the fuel line is and you can pick it up cheap from any of the auto-box stores. I believe Toyota used 5/16" line on the supply side (might be 3/8"), and you can get it with metric fittings. Return line is smaller (1/4"?). I plumbed my FJ40 with the stuff.

Well, I think there is another way. Learn to cut/bend/flare brake tubing. That is pretty much all the fuel line is and you can pick it up cheap from any of the auto-box stores. I believe Toyota used 5/16" line on the supply side (might be 3/8"), and you can get it with metric fittings. Return line is smaller (1/4"?). I plumbed my FJ40 with the stuff.
I thought about that, and I might still resort to it, I'd just have to buy fittings/tubing and the tools to flare and bend everything. The price for the first part of the hose from Toyota is ~$20, so if I can find the second section for the same price I think I'll go that route.

Try this VIN number - it's for a 1992 2WD shortbox regular cab truck.

JT4RN81A8N0100417
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

i experiment on parts from different models by looking at different years and builds on partsouq.com, you might be able to do the same and mix and match for what you are looking for. the issue you might have, is not knowing the length and you may end up purchasing based on shape etc.

@pappy would you recommend a flaring tool specifically? I am thinking one i would use on more than one project vehicle, not just a one and done kit.
Learn to cut/bend/flare brake tubing

The item identified in post #1 as 77252A does not apply to a short bed standard cab truck. Long bed or Xtra cab only.

Thanks Dan, I ordered 77251-35660 and 77252-35240, I'm hoping I can make these work as I'm not really planning on mounting the filter in the stock location for the 22r anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom