Need help locating the correct fuse (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Neither seat heater works in my 2016. What I'm finding online is not jiving with what I'm seeing with my own eyes. Would someone please be so kind as to tell me which fuse I need to check/replace for the rear seat heaters?

From Googling, it looks like it would be fuse #1 in Fuse Box #1. However, when I open my fuse box, it looks nothing like the diagram

1697906298772.png

1697906313769.png

Thanks, but the diagram doesn’t match up with what I see in the box. Maybe I’m not looking at it correctly?
You're looking at it correctly and you're right, it doesn't match up. Those fuse diagrams must be for rest of the world vehicles. One even shows a diesel engine. I'll delete the link from my bookmarks since it's of no use.

The picture you attached with the diagram shows a Tundra engine bay.. so that's part of the issue. The diagram itself appears accurate for earlier model landcruisers.. but a lot changed in 2016.

Your owner's manual should have a "fuse layout and amperage ratings" diagram and corresponding chart.. or at least my 2013 Cruiser does.

You also mention "my 2016" but don't say whether that's LC or LX.. there will be big differences in the wiring diagrams.

I would also recommend pulling the front door sill trim on both sides and checking the area under there for water

Edit: I dug into the LC FSM. Your front seat heater fuse is under the dash on the passenger side. There is a small fuse block up there when you remove the sound shield, I believe with a black plastic cover so the fuses won't be immediately visible. In there, a 20A fuse labeled S/HTR. Also check the 10A SEAT A/C-FAN fuse in the same area. If you drive a LX I'll have to do some other research.

Last edited:
The picture you attached with the diagram shows a Tundra engine bay.. so that's part of the issue. The diagram itself appears accurate for earlier model landcruisers.. but a lot changed in 2016.

Your owner's manual should have a "fuse layout and amperage ratings" diagram and corresponding chart.. or at least my 2013 Cruiser does.

You also mention "my 2016" but don't say whether that's LC or LX.. there will be big differences in the wiring diagrams.

I would also recommend pulling the front door sill trim on both sides and checking the area under there for water

Edit: I dug into the LC FSM. Your front seat heater fuse is under the dash on the passenger side. There is a small fuse block up there when you remove the sound shield, I believe with a black plastic cover so the fuses won't be immediately visible. In there, a 20A fuse labeled S/HTR. Also check the 10A SEAT A/C-FAN fuse in the same area. If you drive a LX I'll have to do some other research.
A quick FYI; the '16+ Owner's Manual did away with fuse info. It only shows location of the fuse boxes, nothing about individual fuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom