Need help after installing new clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I recently installed a new clutch on my 1984 Toyota pick up 4x4 everything went smoothly but then when I drive it on the freeway all the gears go in perfect except when I put it in the last gear (5th) it makes a weird humming noise. But it goes into gear fine. While on 5th gear when I press the clutch the noise goes away. I tried to mess with the clutch pedal adjustment but still no luck yet should I keep messing with the adjustment until I get it right? any suggestions? I have a video of the noise I’ll try to post it soon. Thank you for all the help.

I would start by checking the trans fluid level. If I remember correctly, there is a pretty high load on the countershaft support bearing when in 5th gear so it could be that also

Last edited:
Yeah that’s why I’ve been hearing I’m going to flush and add new oil to the transmission this weekend
can't really flush these transmissions( I would never flush any transmission) more like drain and fill. make sure you use a good gl-4 type fluid like Redline MT-90. you should also make sure the transfer case isn't overfull which would indicate a bad seal between the two.

Last edited:
You should also make sure the transfer case isn't overfull which would indicate a bad seal between the two.
Second this.

I would recommend Valvoline 75w90 conventional gear oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom