Need fridge advice for over lander build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
B83D2BB5-A94F-49E1-AB4E-BF09896D7354.jpeg

Just bought a 2013.
I have this setup in the back. I think the PO had a fridge there on the right side because there seem to be some mounting screws. I decided to buy a fridge and looking for recommendations what size, fridge and setup works the best for a family of 4 in remote wilderness.

Ive never owned or seen one and ARB has several to choose from. I think I need/want this one if its the best fit. And can get good recommendation from someone familiar here who knows. They have a plastic cheaper blue one and a more expensive aluminum one but this is the one I’m looking at.
ARB Zero Fridge Freezer Dual Zone 73QT | Best Prices & Reviews at Morris 4x4

Do I need an extra slider? My drawers already slide. I dont know how heavy these can be. Or just a strap mount kit. I have many usb 12v and a 110 power in the back. They have the insulator bags too. Are they worth it?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2363236
Just bought a 2013.
I have this setup in the back. I think the PO had a fridge there on the right side because there seem to be some mounting screws. I decided to buy a fridge and looking for recommendations what size, fridge and setup works the best for a family of 4 in remote wilderness.

Ive never owned or seen one and ARB has several to choose from. I think I need/want this one if its the best fit. And can get good recommendation from someone familiar here who knows. They have a plastic cheaper blue one and a more expensive aluminum one but this is the one I’m looking at.
ARB Zero Fridge Freezer Dual Zone 73QT | Best Prices & Reviews at Morris 4x4

Do I need an extra slider? My drawers already slide. I dont know how heavy these can be. Or just a strap mount kit. I have many usb 12v and a 110 power in the back. They have the insulator bags too. Are they worth it?

Thanks in advance!

ARB makes a good fridge. I have an Engel in mine. Lots of people like the Snowmaster. You will likely need a slide for the fridge. I wouldn't be able to open mine in my 80 if it was mounted to my Goose Gear. @TemboTusk makes a fridge slide you could use. I don't use an insulation bag on mine, but I have friends that do. I don't know if they have any actual value or not.

As you can see on mine I would have little room to open the fridge even without the cabinet. I can't open it if the lift gate is open all the way when I have it pulled out. I have a 42 quart, much smaller than you want to run.

2Rmp1CWIRIuaH9qO2y5X2g.jpg

There was one of the dual zones in the classifieds briefly which I thought about picking up and selling our 37QT. However someone snagged it pretty fast.

We've used the 37, 50 and 63. We are currently running the 37 in our trailer and the 63 in the cruiser. The 2 of them do well for our family of 5. The 63 is a series 2 with bluetooth and is really nice, the 37 was manufactured in 2012 (I think) and is running strong with no issues. The only reason I'd sell it is to get one of the dual zones. The reason I traded the 50 to a friend for his 37 was its height wouldn't allow it to be mounted in the trailer. The blue/grey ones now grey/black, I believe, are the series 2 are still very nice. They can also be used as freezer, but are not consider a dual zone. You may also want to check out National Luna if you're looking at the dual zones. You can't get much better than the NL.

You shouldn't need an extra slider, I'm running the same drawer for the fridge in the cruiser and it works fine. I use L-track mounted to the top of the drawer and Tembo Tusk Buffalo Straps to hold it in places. We run the insulator bags on both, are they worth it? Good question, I think they are. The bags protect the exterior and provide a small bit a extra insulation and in turn, maybe, saves a little extra power.

Nearly forgot to mention... check out one of the many vendors on the forum and show them support.

Nearly forgot to mention... check out one of the many vendors on the forum and show them support.
Thanks for the advice. theyre having a 10% off sale at the Morris 4x4 so I was hoping to use the savings to buy the strap kit and covers And get the better model To justify spending over 1500 on a fridge to have ice cream in the Oregon badlands in my suv lol..

Well I was going to go with the zero 63qt for $1150. Till I called, They were out of all zeros for 4-6 weeks so I went with the top of the line Elements one for $1372 lol. They gave me 10% off+ free shipping so what the heck. It weighs more at 70# but it’s supposed to be built tougher than I need and it’s 17.5” vs the 20“-22” tall on the zeros so I figured 5” headroom could come in handy too.

Around these parts NL used to be king but it seems Snomaster has indeed dethroned them ...

If I could only figure out how to gets things from SA to Canada, in a less expensive fashion.
I am really happy with my NL 50 since when isn’t it nice to have ice cream in the bush?!
But I had to pay a ridiculous premium through a US distributor converting to Can dollars.
Double the price you pay. If you are coming my way, let me know 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom