Need exhaust flange measurements. 88 FJ62. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My exhaust is leaking and I love Otramm's SS exhaust but can't afford it right now. Naturally all the pieces Walker made are now obsolete. I need to replace the cats and the Y pipe but will have to make my own from pieces. Does anyone know the measurements of the y pipe end that bolts to the header?
2 muffler shop visits were a waste of time. One shop refused to work in said Cruiser because bolt on parts are not available, the other was charging near the same as Otramm but only going from Header to Muffler which I replaced a year or two ago. Unreal.

What dimensions do you need? I have parts in my garage I can measure, glad they're not outside, air temperature is 6 degrees and -13 degrees wind chill.

Here you go:

Flange thickness 9mm

Pipe OD 42mm

Flange ID slightly larger than above

Pipe extends beyond inner face of flange 9mm

Bolt holes (2) 80mm on center

Bolt hole diameter 11mm

Flange at widest point 106mm

Flange at narrowest point 70mm

Small radius of flange at widest point 13mm (at bolt hole locations)

you wont find off the self flanges that work, (Maybe I should manufacture a few sets :hmm: ) a lot of people just cut them off the old pipe along with a few inches of the original pipe and weld the new pipe to that. Assuming what you have is in ok shape.
@Kleatus did a good example of this

image.jpeg

you wont find off the self flanges that work, (Maybe I should manufacture a few sets :hmm: ) a lot of people just cut them off the old pipe along with a few inches of the original pipe and weld the new pipe to that. Assuming what you have is in ok shape.
@Kleatus did a good example of this

Dang, that stinks. Walker used to make a piece, #41492 that was exactly what I needed.
Of course they used to make the y pipe too. I would just let a muffler shop do it but they are so outrageously expensive it's not worth it. Guess I am going to have to save up.
03934164_0.jpg

Here you go:

Flange thickness 9mm

Pipe OD 42mm

Flange ID slightly larger than above

Pipe extends beyond inner face of flange 9mm

Bolt holes (2) 80mm on center

Bolt hole diameter 11mm

Flange at widest point 106mm

Flange at narrowest point 70mm

Small radius of flange at widest point 13mm (at bolt hole locations)
Thanks for the leg-work. Sorry about your cold weather, man that's cold.

Dang, that stinks. Walker used to make a piece, #41492 that was exactly what I needed.
Of course they used to make the y pipe too. I would just let a muffler shop do it but they are so outrageously expensive it's not worth it. Guess I am going to have to save up.
Buy a used welder and burn it up bro! This is ih8mud !! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom