need early t/c shaft

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by amandap, Nov 17, 2003.

1. amandap

amandap

Anyone got a good, early T/C input shaft they're willing to sell? I'm looking into spray chroming and re-turning this thing also-any info appreciated, like where to get it done and if it's a good fix or not. I could also use a good tranny output shaft-4 spd. thanks! :cheers: :cheers:

2. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    I may have one, if what you mean is the tranny output, Amanda. (this will end up in the wanted forum, probably, but this is a good place to start since it isn't clear what you mean).

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice paint job, BTW. :beer:

4. amandap

amandap

Yes, that would be the out put shaft I need. For the cost of spray chroming/turning, I could get a new one. What ya got? Email me if you prefer...thx!

5. 1Fine40

1Fine40 Rust Buster SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    You might give these guys a call:
    http://www.classiccruisers.com/
    They helped someone else out with a second source new unit from Japan....I think the name was "SeaMaster"??
    Good Luck.

6. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry, Amanda
    Looked again and all I have is a Transfer Case rear output and a Tranny Input. What is wrong with yours, anyway?

7. 3_puppies

3_puppies SILVER Star

when you say early, what years are you looking for? I've got a mid 60's T/C, I could piece out.

8. amandap

amandap

I'm not sure who gets notified of each reply made, but thanks to 1fine40 for the link.
    IDave, the rear output with the built-in gear and roller bearing in the end is the part I'm looking for. #070-36 in specter's wonderful catalog. Mine is severely chafed and worn where the bushing from I think lo gear rides. Also, the splines are notched from wear about .080 near as I can tell. What exactly do you have?
    3_puppies, the t/c I'm rebuilding is from my 66 fj40. Donor parts(all the gears really) are from a bit newer-unknown year. All looks the same except the gears are a darker metal color and the driveline flanges aren't notched out between each bolt hole-same pattern tho. Hope that's a decent explanation-still learning the lingo...
    thanks all!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.