need early t/c shaft

A

amandap

Anyone got a good, early T/C input shaft they're willing to sell? I'm looking into spray chroming and re-turning this thing also-any info appreciated, like where to get it done and if it's a good fix or not. I could also use a good tranny output shaft-4 spd. thanks! :cheers: :cheers:

IDave

IDave

I may have one, if what you mean is the tranny output, Amanda. (this will end up in the wanted forum, probably, but this is a good place to start since it isn't clear what you mean).

A

amandap

Yes, that would be the out put shaft I need. For the cost of spray chroming/turning, I could get a new one. What ya got? Email me if you prefer...thx!

IDave

IDave

Sorry, Amanda
Looked again and all I have is a Transfer Case rear output and a Tranny Input. What is wrong with yours, anyway?

3_puppies

SILVER Star
when you say early, what years are you looking for? I've got a mid 60's T/C, I could piece out.

A

amandap

I'm not sure who gets notified of each reply made, but thanks to 1fine40 for the link.
IDave, the rear output with the built-in gear and roller bearing in the end is the part I'm looking for. #070-36 in specter's wonderful catalog. Mine is severely chafed and worn where the bushing from I think lo gear rides. Also, the splines are notched from wear about .080 near as I can tell. What exactly do you have?
3_puppies, the t/c I'm rebuilding is from my 66 fj40. Donor parts(all the gears really) are from a bit newer-unknown year. All looks the same except the gears are a darker metal color and the driveline flanges aren't notched out between each bolt hole-same pattern tho. Hope that's a decent explanation-still learning the lingo...
thanks all!