PIC request - Early Truck Door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a high res pic of the interior of a door from a pre '64 truck to help with identifying the bolts/screws used.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This is a late 64/65 door. All hardware is the same phillips round head screws from 63 to 74, only difference is length in a couple areas, and the two screws that hold the door pull on, and 4 oval head screws that hold on the window regulator and door regulator and the two door stop screws. Same hardware on the pre 63 doors also.

IMG_1416.jpeg
IMG_1418.jpeg
IMG_1419.jpeg
IMG_6047.JPG

Last edited:
Overland Metric is a great source for the hardware

Thank you! Exactly what was needed!

Doubled washers like that from the factory?
Is the smaller washer captured?

I have some 61 doors. All with the original door handle. These are the old slide not window crank. The handles should be the same as 62 that have the window crank.

Thank you! Exactly what was needed!

Doubled washers like that from the factory?
Is the smaller washer captured?
Yes double washer from factory, one regular and the second is a lock washer.
Let me know if you need photos of regulators, door stop or door handle hardware.

Always thought these door pulls looked like they were from the local hardware store.
LOL

No captured washers in the early rigs. The washers under the window crank assembly bolts are star washers, also with the door regulator bolts (but not sure if that’s unique to the earlier up-pointed handles). Here’s my early ‘63. The bolts for the door access cover are new JIS from Overland IIRC, the covers were missing when I got the rig.
IMG_3238.JPG

Last thing, note the difference in the position of the forward upper window structure mount bolts in my door versus @tahoe40/45 ’s. Sometime in mid-‘63 those bolts (and associated holes in the upper window frame structure) moved from directly over the frame to offset from the frame. With the holes directly over the frame the bolt length has to be paid attention to otherwise you can damage the window glass itself if too long of bolts are used. And along those lines, the door access cover bolt lengths also need to be paid attention to because too long will interfere with the bottom window glass bracket upon opening (and closing). HTH.

Last edited:
And the window regulator and cover plate are pewter OEM, or is that cover plate body color from the factory?

Yeah, everything should be body color in the early rigs. If it was going to be a full resto, that’s what they’d be in my rig. But it isn’t a full resto, and I actually like the contrast - my instrument bezel is also gray now. And a bit of mix and match, keeps the archeologists guessing when they find this a 1000yrs from now in some sand bank 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom