Need Dual Filler Neck for Aux Tank - Sources? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right now on Australian ebay (AUD .75 to USD 1.00)

Fuel Tank Solonoid Toyota Landcruiser 80 series

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 80 SERIES INTERIOR LIGHT, SUB TANK, FUEL GAUGE.

Sub Tank Switch Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series

LandCruiser FZJ80 FJ80 Toyota Altimeter & Sub Tank Gauge Rare Brown or Grey
(brown is very rare)

Or contact any these dismantlers and ask if they have the rest of the sub tank system.
Took me awhile, but got the complete system including the main tank, nose-to-toes.

Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 91-97 Hood Emblem Ornament Badge Tacoma 4Runner
(sorry, nothing to do with sub tanks, but Australian ebay is fun)

Last edited:
I cant give my factory sub tank away in Aus.....

Sorry the dual filler now feeds a 155l rear tank and 90 front tank. LPG conversion shops were throwing these away in the 100's in the 80 heyday when everyone was dumping the sub tank and going LPG. I did too. Had to scrounge the filler up years later. They are still around but getting one for free is getting hard as not many 80's getting converted to LPG now. I threw my LPG out when the 6.0 went in as couple of years age, hence the fat tank in the rear to feed the slurper. I'll keep an eye out though.

holy crap !!
Is that the sub tank switch in front of the shifter !?!?!?!

Easy there, big fella, easy. You need to be aware that Toyota made multiple versions of the "subtank switch." The most common are simple momentary contact and thus require additional electronics to properly control the transfer pump. @george_tlc used to sell a small circuit board that performed the tricks needed, but I think he got out of that business years ago now. And there was also a thread from years past titled something like "aux tank the toyota way" that used the official aux tank Toyota ECU. Whatever your approach you need to understand you're on a journey with several different trails that can lead to a happy ending but that have unexpected twists and turns before you get there. The IH8MUD search feature will lead to hours of informative reading.

Easy there, big fella, easy. You need to be aware that Toyota made multiple versions of the "subtank switch." The most common are simple momentary contact and thus require additional electronics to properly control the transfer pump. @george_tlc used to sell a small circuit board that performed the tricks needed, but I think he got out of that business years ago now. And there was also a thread from years past titled something like "aux tank the toyota way" that used the official aux tank Toyota ECU. Whatever your approach you need to understand you're on a journey with several different trails that can lead to a happy ending but that have unexpected twists and turns before you get there. The IH8MUD search feature will lead to hours of informative reading.

George is still selling the ECU's he makes, bought one off him for this build a couple of months go though we may not end up using it - have to see what the shop decides; if not I'll have one for sale... :)

Hey all. I have a 97 fzj80. Does anybody know if there is a full auxiliary setup for my rig? I have the tank, I have the straps, and the oem innards all from a 95. I’m curious if any of you smart people can help me understand what else I’ll need to have a push button system?

There are plenty of subtank installations and probably all of them are a little different. Lots of threads on the subject. I referenced all of these and others for ideas when I did my install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom