Need armrest input. Just picked up a GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

New to this GX470 community however not new to this forum.
I just picked up an 08 GX470 and love it! Carfax showed good service history even with 130k mikes.
The exterior is that blizzard white with a gray interior all in very good shape.

I love the ride and everything about it except the armrest which seems small to mr.
Has anyone ever replaced the seat armrest with a bigger one? Since the center console is very low.
Are there any Kherson options out there? Has anyone modified the existing one?

Tia

G'

image.png

Seems like no one has swapped out their armrest for a larger one!

Has anyone changed their center console and or get it up higher at armrest level?

Thanks

G"

Sometimes you just need to drive it for a week and get used to the new rig. I remember when I got my 80 series I thought the seats didn't go back far enough and was considering the Land Tank extensions but after a couple of months I found myself being more comfortable if I moved the seat up an inch and didn't need the extensions.

Coming from an 80 series I am just glad this one has an arm rest!

Sometimes you just need to drive it for a week and get used to the new rig. I remember when I got my 80 series I thought the seats didn't go back far enough and was considering the Land Tank extensions but after a couple of months I found myself being more comfortable if I moved the seat up an inch and didn't need the extensions.

Coming from an 80 series I am just glad this one has an arm rest!
Thanks Mark, I have only driven the GX one day and it just seemed like the armrest was undersized.

On my 80 I welded on some leather seats from a Camry solara and that worked out well.

I really haven't sat my seat just right so I'll give it. Alittle time.
It is very smooth compare to my 80

G'

The seat bottoms are also very short... I wonder if anyone has done any swaps with other ToyotaLexus models such as Land Cruiser or LX. I wish these seats had thigh extensions like BMW! Anyone know any fixes on that or should I start a new thread? I'm new to this forum and not sure if I am able to start threads yet. Any help or suggestions welcome .. 2006 GX

The seat bottoms are also very short... I wonder if anyone has done any swaps with other ToyotaLexus models such as Land Cruiser or LX. I wish these seats had thigh extensions like BMW! Anyone know any fixes on that or should I start a new thread? I'm new to this forum and not sure if I am able to start threads yet. Any help or suggestions welcome .. 2006 GX

A landcruiser seat may be too wide and the door panel may hit it when closing.
Like others have advised, if you set up the seat like you would in a truck I find is more comfortable

G'

I know this is an old thread, but curious if anyone has come up with any clever ideas for this. Our 2000 100 series set-up with the armrests and center console is perfect.......our 08' GX 470 is pitiful in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom