Need a shop that can Finish my Diesel Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phxds.com
Hello all...
I posted in the hard core section under my old post.. Builds - Cummins 6BT install in FZJ80 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cummins-6bt-install-in-fzj80.84611/page-18
but I figured I might have better luck in getting an answer here .

I'm Looking for a shop that can finish my 6BT Cummins swap, that wont screw me over and that can do a quality job for a fair price.

At this point I just want to get the truck up and running, however I need to re swap the drive train around from the Toyota trans and transfer case to the Dodge trans and the Atlas transfer case.
need new customs drive lines, custom transmission and Transfer case mounts custom fuel tank, and then attach the a/c, exhaust, brakes, wiring harness, and radiator fan tweaking,

I've called a few places however the only one who called me back politely declined and recommended: Tempe Speed and Performance.

anyone have any personal recommendations ?

-Ron

Have you tried calling the Cummins Service Center. I would talk to the shop foreman and see if any of the techs have experience with this. They may be able to do it on the side. +1 (623) 474-2600

Hello all...
I posted in the hard core section under my old post.. Builds - Cummins 6BT install in FZJ80 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cummins-6bt-install-in-fzj80.84611/page-18
but I figured I might have better luck in getting an answer here .

I'm Looking for a shop that can finish my 6BT Cummins swap, that wont screw me over and that can do a quality job for a fair price.

At this point I just want to get the truck up and running, however I need to re swap the drive train around from the Toyota trans and transfer case to the Dodge trans and the Atlas transfer case.
need new customs drive lines, custom transmission and Transfer case mounts custom fuel tank, and then attach the a/c, exhaust, brakes, wiring harness, and radiator fan tweaking,

I've called a few places however the only one who called me back politely declined and recommended: Tempe Speed and Performance.

anyone have any personal recommendations ?

-Ron

Finish it? With that list it seems mostly incomplete. What is done? Outsourcing this much of the work is going to be expensive. I feel for you, but man, this is going to need a diesel oriented fab shop, not sure who can tackle this or how many shop hours you are looking at. I hope it works out.

Thank you for your honesty,
Actually, I didn't think it would be all that difficult to do.. mostly just chasing down parts and labor to swap the transmission back over..
I could always re swap the drivetrain around and make the brackets.. . however.. I would prefer to have a nice looking mount weld and a shop that can make all the right cuts vs cobbling something together. Maybe because I am a Diesel Mechanic, it seems mostly easy. however being out of state makes it almost impossible for me to be able to put the time into to finishing it.
I have the engine already mounted in the vehicle, the Transmission will bolt right up to it with the original mount and flywheel and starter which I already have.
.. the drive lines would be subbed out, phoenix rack and axle on Washington and 32nd St. is capable of doing that
I want as large of a fuel tank as I can fit.. so that also would have to be subbed out
I need a longer (custom) A/C line to be made in order to reach the compressor, ..subbed
the exhaust would probably have to be done at one of the many exhaust shops,
and then the transmission linkage would have to be customed made to work with the Toyota shifter.. the transfer case just needs the cable attached and mounted.

These are areas that I would have subbed out myself.. as I do not have the tools or equipment to fabricate those parts..
I'm not expecting one shop to do all the work in house and I cant afford the shops that build trophy trucks...

Id say the biggest pain would be the electrical portion.. because that is also where I am the least proficient.
and the fact.. that I would be paying for someone to swap the drive train around.. which is something that I could do myself, but again.. I would still rather pay someone for a custom mount that looks like a factory mount. which I figure would be no different than having someone weld your shock tower or pan hardbar in the right geometric location and locate the correct shocks or modify the system to use the ones you brought.

The bulk of the expense is in the custom made parts and paying someone labor to finish a job that can be considered 1/2 done.

ahh.. the brakes are fine.. I dont know why i wrote that in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom