Need a part number for ANY Toyota 12mm coolant hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TurboDennis

SILVER Star
Threads
Could really use some help from the part number gods(@Onur ? :) ). I need to replace the coolant hoses for the rear heater lines. They are short 12mm (ID) hoses. The problem is that Toyota doesn't sell those rubber hoses separately (only as an assembly with metal lines), and the only non-OEM hose that i would even consider is Gates Green Stripe, which NOBODY sells by the foot locally. (and i dont want to buy a 50' roll just for a couple of 2" pieces). And NAPA doesnt sell the gold stripe equivalent in Canada either... So does anyone know of any other Toyota application that uses 12mm hoses for coolant (preferably a long run)? My plan is to just buy a random 12mm OEM coolant hose for some other Toyota and cut it to length (since i only need a couple of 2" or so pieces). And before someone suggests using a random, generic 1/2" hose from a crappy parts store - NO, i will not do that.

Thanks for the reply, but nothing in that thread answers my question. I spent an hour searching mud, as well as other forums for random Toyotas before posting and couldn't find an answer

Thanks for the reply, but nothing in that thread answers my question. I spent an hour searching mud, as well as other forums for random Toyotas before posting and couldn't find an answer

As you stated, the two hoses for the inlet and outlet for the rear heater lines at the firewall (they dump down over the bell housing and run to the rear heater) are not available separately from Toyota. Buy the pipes, get the hoses.

That said, there is a work around: 87245-6A200

If you cut this one in half, the resulting two hoses are almost exact matches to the hoses attached to those tubes at the firewall.

If you are talking about the hoses that attached between the pipe sections (under the truck above the heat shields), then use 99556-30100 x2.

If you are talking about the hoses that attach to the second piping piece that attaches to the actual heater, then you could use 99555-30280 x2.

HTH.
-onur

As you stated, the two hoses for the inlet and outlet for the rear heater lines at the firewall (they dump down over the bell housing and run to the rear heater) are not available separately from Toyota. Buy the pipes, get the hoses.

That said, there is a work around: 87245-6A200

If you cut this one in half, the resulting two hoses are almost exact matches to the hoses attached to those tubes at the firewall.

If you are talking about the hoses that attached between the pipe sections (under the truck above the heat shields), then use 99556-30100 x2.

If you are talking about the hoses that attach to the second piping piece that attaches to the actual heater, then you could use 99555-30280 x2.

HTH.
-onur

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, SIR
This is exactly what i needed. Will try the 87245-6A200

I also came across this thread, after posting here:

There is a few part numbers there for random Toyota hoses that are listed as 1/2" diameter. For example 99556-20500 , which is supposed to be 500mm in length, so it would probably be a good hose to buy to hack up for some random 12mm hoses like the ones for the rear heater lines on the 80.

iirc they’re 13mm, not 12. 1/2” = 12.7mm

That's surprising - i thought JIS laws applied to hoses as well, so i didnt expect to find anything 13mm on the truck. Will keep this in mind, thanks!

It used to be that Toyota had long 13mm hose available, like 99556-20700 (13mm ID, 700mm long). But it seems to have been discontinued. It's possible that you could still get a 99556-20300 (300mm long), 20400 (400mm long), 20500 (500mm long), 20600 (600mm long), or others from other markets (mostly Japan), but I'm not sure. It seems like 20700, 20800, 21000, 21250 and 21850 have been discontinued.

I also had a hard time finding the Gates Green Stripe 1/2" heater hose,
so asked a Manager at an O'Reillys if he could order a box and sell me
a few feet of it. I explained to him that the Green Stripe was a much better
quality hose than the Gates Safety Stripe he carried, and that he would have
no trouble selling it if he let his customers know it was an option
and available. So he ordered a 25' box of 1/2" hose and I bought
about four feet. FWIW.

It used to be that Toyota had long 13mm hose available, like 99556-20700 (13mm ID, 700mm long). But it seems to have been discontinued. It's possible that you could still get a 99556-20300 (300mm long), 20400 (400mm long), 20500 (500mm long), 20600 (600mm long), or others from other markets (mostly Japan), but I'm not sure. It seems like 20700, 20800, 21000, 21250 and 21850 have been discontinued.

Great information, thanks. I did some digging and turns out there is 99556-22000 which supersedes many of the shorter lengths, and it seems to still be available in US. Around $80 MSRP for a 2 meter Toyota hose. Pricey, but i will add this to my next part order.

I also had a hard time finding the Gates Green Stripe 1/2" heater hose,
so asked a Manager at an O'Reillys if he could order a box and sell me
a few feet of it. I explained to him that the Green Stripe was a much better
quality hose than the Gates Safety Stripe he carried, and that he would have
no trouble selling it if he let his customers know it was an option
and available. So he ordered a 25' box of 1/2" hose and I bought
about four feet. FWIW.

I think the minimum length it comes in is 50'.

Regardless, now that i know that there is a Toyota OEM solution to my problem, i will be going that route.

Let us know how it goes!

My local O'Reilly's was able to order 25' box of the Gates Green Stripe,
but good to know there is OEM 1/2" hose available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom