SOLD NC 1997 LEXUS LX450 QUICKSAND (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
TAN
More pictures and info coming. This LX 450 is absolutely AMAZING and has had extensive work done. It is ready for whatever you want to throw at it!

197k Miles, asking $29,999

If interested in more info, contact Matt at 704-608-4436

Cruiser 1.jpg

cruiser3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

cruiser:elk knob.jpg

Last ones for the moment, let me know guys if you need further shots. Info to follow.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Hi everyone, my name is Matt, I live in Boone, NC and I am selling my 1997 Lexus LX450, VIN JT6HJ88J3V0166894. The cruiser is in great shape overall with 196k miles presently on the clock and the engine fully rebuilt and knuckle service performed at 11/2017 and 174k miles (can email detailed service records). Excellent mechanical condition, everything on the cruiser is in proper working order and functions as it should, also have all original tools, jack, etc. We have really loved on this truck. It was professionally repainted in Toyota Quicksand khaki (2016 Toyota TRD Pro Special Color) with blacked out trim in 3/2018 and looks fantastic, a real head turner. I have owned it since 11/2018 and never thought I would sell it but we just got pickup truck for our business and we just don’t have room for the cruiser anymore unfortunately.

It lived the first few years of its life in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and has been in the Carolinas ever since. Clean Carfax except for one minor bump that occurred on 9/2018 right before I bought it when the previous owner was backing in a parking lot that put a small crack in the right rear plastic bumper corner piece that I replaced right after purchase.

The cruiser came from the factory with all available options for the 1997 year except axle lockers. 4.5L I-6 with 215hp, 275lb/ft, solid axles, 4spd auto, full time four wheel drive. As I am sure most of you know, if you need lockers, ARB lockers (or several other brands) can be easily added to any 80, and this one already has an auxiliary switch pack in the dash with two available spots ready to go. Factory features include power windows (mine go up and down fast); power locks and mirrors; tilt/slide moonroof; three rows of leather seating; four wheel anti-lock disc brakes; cruise control; wood trim on dash and doors (really takes the inside up a notch), etc.

This cruiser has received a number of upgrades and modifications that make a great truck even better:
--ARB OME 2.5” lift
--Stealth Custom Series wheels with new 315/75-16 (35s) Cooper Discoverer AT3 Tires
--SoFlo 4x4 front bullbar, winch ready, with fog lights and turn signals
--SoFlo 4x4 heavy duty safari roof rack with mesh floor and built-in tire mount
--custom tinted windows
--BH3D cupholders, front and middle
--Heated front seats
--All new sound system: High end Sony touch screen deck with Apple Car play, built in speaker crossovers, subwoofer control, etc.; Kicker CS speakers in the factory locations with factory grills intact; 6.5” subwoofer mounted in the center console factory location with Infinity amp.
--Dash mounted six switch auxiliary switch pack
--2” receiver hitch
--WeatherTech floor mats
--Power antenna delete
--Viper keyless entry with remote start
--Summit Cruisers rear swing out tire carrier (not installed yet) that will be included with the sale. It mounts to the frame and works with the factory rear bumper.

Please call/text me at 704-608-4436 with any questions or email anytime to mcarpenter@carpenterco.com. Thanks for your interest!

Yes, we decided to lower the price to $25,900. Have not had a chance to update everywhere until this morning. Thanks for trolling. First time I have ever posted on this forum, seems to be a very friendly place.

Yes, we decided to lower the price to $25,900. Have not had a chance to update everywhere until this morning. Thanks for trolling. First time I have ever posted on this forum, seems to be a very friendly place.
They are a friendly bunch for the most part, but you have to expect some chirps when you list a high price, and a quick search finds it for $5k less listed elsewhere.

That's a nice looking 80 series. That color fits. Not in the market currently, but if i were i think i'd negotiate for a lower price to cover locker install.
GLWS

Nice Lexus.
Any mention of what has been done under the hood for preventives? Or has the bearings been repacked and such?

Hi guys, I created a folder on my OneDrive with a lot of pictures and also walk around and driving videos that I made this afternoon for an interested buyer that would probably be good to just post generally. Will also post receipts for the engine rebuild shortly. Let me know if you want to see anything in particular and I will post it to the folder.

Nice Lexus.
Any mention of what has been done under the hood for preventives? Or has the bearings been repacked and such?
Hi efjayatee, the engine was removed and rebuilt about 30k miles ago or so. I think about everything that could be done was done at that time. The bill was $3K but would normally be $6k because the previous owner of the cruiser had a 50% discount agreement with the shop for his car business to use as the shop was owned by a family member. Knuckle service was also performed at this time. Since then, all regular maintenance has been performed and everything seems to be working great.

Couple of questions ... looking at the engine rebuild bill, I see a $120 charge for machine shop, but nothing else on the bill references the head gasket specifically. The head gasket comes in two kits, the "basics only" style and the "while I'm in there" style. I see several of the individual parts and gaskets, but not either of the gasket kits. Can you confirm if the head gasket has been done or not please.

Also, can you send a pic or two of the engine bay and some pics of how the paint looks on the inside of the doors, hood and rear hatch areas? Pics of the truck disassembled for paint? Did they take the cladding off or just paint over? Wheels are true bead locks or ring is cosmetic?

Not just tire kicking, I'm on the hunt for #4 and last one I got was from the Carolinas.

Couple of questions ... looking at the engine rebuild bill, I see a $120 charge for machine shop, but nothing else on the bill references the head gasket specifically. The head gasket comes in two kits, the "basics only" style and the "while I'm in there" style. I see several of the individual parts and gaskets, but not either of the gasket kits. Can you confirm if the head gasket has been done or not please.

Also, can you send a pic or two of the engine bay and some pics of how the paint looks on the inside of the doors, hood and rear hatch areas? Pics of the truck disassembled for paint? Did they take the cladding off or just paint over? Wheels are true bead locks or ring is cosmetic?

Not just tire kicking, I'm on the hunt for #4 and last one I got was from the Carolinas.
HI Cass007, glad to hear you are on the hunt for another 80. I would assume the head gasket was done, I don't know why they would not do this if they went through all the trouble of pulling the engine. I have placed your question to the previous owner who did the rebuild and will let you know what I find out.

I will post pictures of the engine bay, door jambs, under the hood and rear hatch areas at some point this weekend. You can also see a lot of this detail in the walk around video in the OneDrive folder, especially the engine bay and under the hood. I do not have any pictures of the truck disassembled for paint unfortunately. Wheels are not bead locks. Thanks!

Couple of additional things I forgot to mention in the earlier post about this cruiser:

--Headlight bulbs have been replaced with a special GE white light super bright bulb that is far superior to the stock bulbs. Lighting when viewed from the driver seat at night is similar to Xenons.
--Headlights have been rewired so that the low beams stay on with the high beams. When running the low beams, high beams and fog lights together, it is crazy bright.
--I have a WeatherTech cargo mat for the rear.
--I have the original roof rack if you are one of those guys that prefers the stock look.

From what I am seeing on that invoice, the engine was pulled, resealed, and possible cylinder head rebuilt or possible head resurface and not rebuilt....., just my opinion on reading invoice, I own a repair shop and can say that is a very difficult invoice to read and understand.... but even at 50% off $120 does not cover the machine work of a cylinder head rebuild, never mind the machine work of a lower end rebuild.... just my 2c

Hi Cass007, I can confirm the head gasket was replaced. The reason it is not on the parts list on the sheet from the repair shop was because the previous owner ordered it himself and supplied it to the shop.

We have had a lot of rain lately and I have not gotten to those door jamb pics yet but will try to on Monday.

Briano, I spoke to Tryon Auto and they confirmed that the head was pulled, rebuilt and resurfaced. The $120 charge is the correct charge for resurfacing the head.

One other note I forgot to mention, the Sony touch screen head unit has a backup camera installed that works very well.

Hi Cass007, I can confirm the head gasket was replaced. The reason it is not on the parts list on the sheet from the repair shop was because the previous owner ordered it himself and supplied it to the shop.

We have had a lot of rain lately and I have not gotten to those door jamb pics yet but will try to on Monday.

Briano, I spoke to Tryon Auto and they confirmed that the head was pulled, rebuilt and resurfaced. The $120 charge is the correct charge for resurfacing the head.

One other note I forgot to mention, the Sony touch screen head unit has a backup camera installed that works very well.
So I am correct saying the bottom end was not rebuilt and this was not a complete engine rebuild like you are claiming.... also you just contradicted yourself, you say the 120 was for the head resurface, which is about the right price, but not enough for a cylinder head rebuild which would also be done by the machine shop at time of resurface, so I stand by my statement that you had an engine reseal and cylinder head gasket done not an engine rebuild, 2 very different things, and buyer should understand and know the difference, as should the seller!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom