Nav screen climate control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apologies in advance for the dumb questions, this is the first automobile I've owned that didn't just have a hot-cold slider and fan speed buttons ;)

2005 LX470.
Can I just manually blow warm air or do I have to let the thermostat manage the climate? The kids wanted some heater tonight, and auto seemed to just blow cool air from the front vents, even after turning the temp up. Also, when manually changing to floor vents only (that's how I like the heat), the auto light turned off. Is the temp button like a hot-cold slider? If I my to kick some hot air out of the floor vents for a few minutes, what's the best approach? What about cold air? Not sure how the auto control and the temp control interact with all the other buttons.
The rear fan seemed to blow warm air, but not the front. Is something wrong with my truck, or am I just inadequate?

Thanks.

If you had the temp up and the floor vent setting selected, it should be equivalent to cranking your slider towards warm and setting vents to feet. I believe you should have had warm air. When auto is engaged the system will automatically adjust the fan speed on/off to maintain your desired temp.

If the kids were in the back seat, you've also got the "REAR" button below the climate control screen. Temp controlled by the slider above the rear seat on the driver's side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom