Swap Climate Control Bezel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to swap 1998 LX470 gcc spec climate control from non-navigate(1) to navigate(2)?
(1)
Non-navigate.png

Non-navigate plugs.png

(2)
Navigate.png

Navigate plugs.png

I know the plugs are different, but should I replace the whole Climate Control wire harness or just modify it?

Is it possible to swap 1998 LX470 gcc spec climate control from non-navigate(1) to navigate(2)?
(1)
View attachment 3564909
View attachment 3564910
(2)
View attachment 3564911
View attachment 3564913
I know the plugs are different, but should I replace the whole Climate Control wire harness or just modify it?
Physically it will swap in - no problem. If you do switch to navigation type bezel - you will need to source the OEM navigation unit as well since climate controls are integrated in to the nav screen.

Most ppl here are not a fan of the ancient nav screen and would love to switch their nav screen with your non-nav unit, so at least it will be easy to source. Non-nav setups allow you to upgrade your stereo headunit to a modern double din with all the tech you can think of.
I am curious why are you interested in this swap?

Physically it will swap in - no problem. If you do switch to navigation type bezel - you will need to source the OEM navigation unit as well since climate controls are integrated in to the nav screen.

Most ppl here are not a fan of the ancient nav screen and would love to switch their nav screen with your non-nav unit, so at least it will be easy to source. Non-nav setups allow you to upgrade your stereo headunit to a modern double din with all the tech you can think of.
I am curious why are you interested in this swap?
Actually, yeah I see many ppl here aren't not fan with it.

I want to swap because my non-navigate bezel are broken and I replace it with new one, but
1- In non-navigate bezel there is an eternal problem in it which is the buttons do not work well (e.g., A/C, REAR, etc) you should press hardly to run even if you fixed it will return later on.
2- I saw in the internet headunit compatible only with navigate bezel, it looks like OEM navigate screen but in more features.
CarPlay 9" QLED Auto Android - LX470 1998-2002
3- lastly, more cheaper in good condition.

Last edited:
Im not a fan of any stereo units controlling my hvac. I’d take my chances with one of those switches going bad vs the tech not working with the hvac system.

I’ve spent time in the post 03 nav delete, you’re going the opposite way you’ll need to change wiring harness connectors, or make adapters. Your hvac plugs straight into those switches, it now would have to be wired into your stereo/nav system and communicate with it. Not saying it’s not possible but like classy stated above, most delete the nav not install one.

Im not a fan of any stereo units controlling my hvac. I’d take my chances with one of those switches going bad vs the tech not working with the hvac system.

I’ve spent time in the post 03 nav delete, you’re going the opposite way you’ll need to change wiring harness connectors, or make adapters. Your hvac plugs straight into those switches, it now would have to be wired into your stereo/nav system and communicate with it. Not saying it’s not possible but like classy stated above, most delete the nav not install one.
Why are you delete it? what are its cons. I have never used it at all, enlighten me if I will be in another problem. and actually I will not use the OEM touch screen I will replace with aftermarket, like what I attached in my previous reply.

Last edited:
If you go with OEM Nav or aftermarket NAV the replacement head unit has to control the HVAC. So it’s all touch screen, if for some reason the touch screen breaks, you can’t control your HVAC. If you can’t get the head unit to work with your HVAC you will have issues as well. Look up the Tesla type(Tyes?) units and see what problems they run into. You’d also have to rewire the HVAC plugs (the plugs in photo 1, need to be in the head unit)

The non-nav version your HVAC controller is completely separate from the head unit. That lets you install any type of head unit you want.

Sounds like you just need to fix the issue with your HVAC controls and then install any type of head unit you’d like.

You’d have to dig through the pre-03 nav delete and do it backwards if that’s really what you want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom