My so-called tranny issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:bounce: :beer: Thank you so much for all your assistance!! :cheers: :bounce2:
Howdy! Those of us "fortunate" enough;) ;) to have wrenching/driving experience in:cool: earlier Landcruisers ( read pre-disc brake era ) have nearly all had the "brake lights stay on" syndrome. A few of us have also possibly :eek: mis-adjusted the switch position-pedal height-pushrod length assembly. It does sound vaguely:confused: familiar. I heard about one lucky:pig: lad who drove quite some distance into a heavy headwind, not realizing that it wasn't just the wind creating the resistance. He was actaully starting to doubt his recent decision to install a V8. Due to several other drivers:eek: pointing down at his front wheels, he decided to pull over and check it out. After stopping on the exit ramp, smoke began billowing off:censor: of his front brakes. A DPS officer:princess: appeared instantly, and recommended the use of a fire bottle to cool it off or he would call in the fire trucks. Upon further examination, he realized that the brake pedal was only going about half:banana: of the normal travel. After a quick adjustment:idea: of the pushrod, everything went back to normal. After a short stop at the car wash:crybaby: to destroy the evidence, he continued on to the Tonto NF for a day:popcorn: of 4x4. The brakes worked fine:rolleyes: thereafter. Would this qualify as a "White Knuckle Experience"?:zilla: John

Howdy! Those of us "fortunate" enough;) ;) to have wrenching/driving experience in:cool: earlier Landcruisers ( read pre-disc brake era ) have nearly all had the "brake lights stay on" syndrome. A few of us have also possibly :eek: mis-adjusted the switch position-pedal height-pushrod length assembly. It does sound vaguely:confused: familiar. I heard about one lucky:pig: lad who drove quite some distance into a heavy headwind, not realizing that it wasn't just the wind creating the resistance. He was actaully starting to doubt his recent decision to install a V8. Due to several other drivers:eek: pointing down at his front wheels, he decided to pull over and check it out. After stopping on the exit ramp, smoke began billowing off:censor: of his front brakes. A DPS officer:princess: appeared instantly, and recommended the use of a fire bottle to cool it off or he would call in the fire trucks. Upon further examination, he realized that the brake pedal was only going about half:banana: of the normal travel. After a quick adjustment:idea: of the pushrod, everything went back to normal. After a short stop at the car wash:crybaby: to destroy the evidence, he continued on to the Tonto NF for a day:popcorn: of 4x4. The brakes worked fine:rolleyes: thereafter. Would this qualify as a "White Knuckle Experience"?:zilla: John

finally, someone who likes the :bounce: :grinpimp: :confused: ;p : just as much as me :flipoff2:

I was just thinking... HOLY FRIGGIN SMILIES BATMAN...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom