Builds my SLOW 40 build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

found a few more pics that i had been looking for....nd havnt been able to find till now, just playing a little bit, took a piece of 2x4 and decided to try the flex out...didnt lift a tire but the trailer deck is maybe about 30" high...still, i was pretty happy with it

IMGP3343.jpg

IMGP3344.jpg

and then something i wasnt so happy about....shackel angle appeard to be the perfect 45deg angle i was looking for when i mocked everything up, made it a bit steeper cause there was no weight on it and when i dropped the truck down and drove it this happened
IMGP3345.jpg

so....im thinking i might build some longer shackels....add about an inch so im not getting the "big gay shackel lift" but enough to keep my springs offf the frame...

truck would have climbed right onto the trailer if my bumper hadnt started hitting the wheel well on the trailer...oh well...now im really starting to miss my project though....:doh::censor::bang:

Did you put a finish on the rocker chop?
What are your plans there?
Im considering that with mine to make it a bit easier to run sliders.

YUCK on the shackle!

BTW, why did you go with the 60 series springs vs. the 55's?

Just curious.

good luck finding a set of 55 springs up here that are in decent shape or will last very long...

If you trash a set of 60 springs you can easily find out a rusty doner to supply another set.

chicago: i plan on putting a simple tube slider under my rockers and then tying it into a tube fender and then into a front hoop...its kinda ambitious for a first project i think but i will probably do all the layout on a sheet of MDF or plywood. will be doing something like what matt.mcinnes has done to his 40 except i plan on bringing my fender right up to the bottom of the hood for extra clearance to fit the tires without lift, so kinda a cross between that and a MT tube fender im thinking.

tubfender.jpg

there is matt's fenders....kinda like them but want a little different for my truck.

oh and on the shackel angle i know that in post 40 it is terrible....but if u look at the angle in post 39 it looked to be what i was shooting for when i welded them up, about a 45 deg angle....thats what it looked like to me when i had weight ect on the truck so what i plan on doing is making longer shackels for it....maybe extending them by an inch or so....or i have another set of 60 shackels at home that MIGHT be a bit longer and do the trick...not sure, will have to look.

went to the 60 springs mostly because they are way more common...even though i had both, the 6x springs are much easier to find and also ALOT longer, there is a pic of the 60 vs 55 rears on the first page....give me a bit softer ride nd maybe some more flex im thinking (hoping) they were however a fair bit of work to put on

flyinglow: I actualy had a set of 55 springs up here....in pretty good shape but then...i also had a set of 60 rears as well along with 3 other 6x trucks in the yard so i opted to use the 60 springs instead of the 55's traded them for more parts...and have the 60 rears to do the front some place in the yard as well...

well...im back in the same place as my truck again...sorted out some crap in my shelter and i pulled the 40 back into my workspace to start in on 'er again...im pretty stoked about it. first thing on the to do list is to fix my shackle angle and get that to where it needs to be. after that im thinking cage...or stretching the front...but seeing as all 200' of my tube is getting surface rust...i think i could start bending that up sooner rather than later. will start posting pics again as soon as i make any progress...

Come on, get your crap together!

lol im worken on it! i got the rear end out again tonight, gunna fix the shackle angle and do one or 2 things hopefully tomorrow...then ill either be starting the cage or the front springs...if i get the cage done and seats mounted though...i can drive it with some improvised fenders...which would be really nice...

BTW...I LOVE that seat in the ramp pic!

That is RAAAAD!

yup...gotta love my high performance bucket seats eh? bit tippy when your trying to drive, shift ect tho...

anyways, finally got some time to work on this thing today....got my shackle angle alot happier, or at least something i can live with, trussed the axle, made the truss out of some 2x4x.25 wall tube that i had kicking around and put it back together...now the dilemma is...do i start on my front spring (another set of 60 rears) or start in on the cage....im thinking cage...anyways some pics of the progress

IMGP2153.jpg

IMGP2151.jpg

IMGP2154-2.jpg

IMGP2152.jpg

wow well...i cant remember when my last post was but i thought i would post up some of what i have been doing on my truck since iv been working on it fairly regularly the last little while...and will be having to work on it ALOT more in the next month...anyways i opted to go for building the cage before doing the 6x spring up front, here is what iv got so far

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

so...the kicker to this is that i have to get this thing rolling and driving by june 12th so...i will hopefully be getting some more stuff done and have lots more pics

Well? You done yet?

haha...im shooting for june 12 as a semi compete date...its gunna be tight, mounted my drivers seat tonight so thats set up and cut into the rear bumper i made for some signal lights, figuring out tow points ect....get that mounted asap and...other seat mounted then...i dunno whats next lol ill see what i can do on some pics tho

some more pics...rear bumper nd drivers seat mounted at least
IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Dude that rear bumper is ubber pimp.....

Rob

im pretty happy with the way it turned out. i want to put a reciever in it, and tow points yet but i gotta get some reciever tube...wont be a big deal to chuck a reciever in when i get some...thinking of making some templates for that bumper...seeing as im going to have to make at least one more to replace the one that the semi took out...

found this thread again...and saw that the pics were a little behind so...there are some pics from my sisters wedding...i havnt really been back in bc much since then so it hasnt changed any...
38400_10150228328890538_551755537_13514480_2392495_n.jpg
39250_10150228328915538_551755537_13514482_5497200_n.jpg

Damn, I was just thinking I hadn't heard FA out of you in a while! Get back to the island get some stuff done buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom