My Rear Storage Solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
This is my new rear storage solution. I originally wanted a system where I can have my sound system and storage system organized. I have a 12" sub and 2 6x9 speakers, plus i have a big rubbermaid storage box where i have my gear. I wanted to get rid of the two and have it all organized as well as have the extra room for luggage or any other things. So this is what we came up with... It has one sliding drawer and stand in cabinet, two side cabinets with latches, one rear cabinet( next to driver side 6x9 speaker) for the second battery.

Let me know what you think...

315612972.jpg

315612977.jpg

I am in the process of getting the grill for the 12" sub but the 5x9's have the grills on them and they are pretty protected...

Hey m8, would be careful with those speakers i got my 6x9 behind the drawers and always end up gettn sand,dirt in them not to good. I'm in the process of blocking them off from the rear altogether.;)
Dat is if you got a habit of puttin wet and dirty gear in your car like me:bang:

Cheers Clint

Clint thanks for the advice will keep that in mind..... But as of now havent had any issues... Thanks

Very bad ass. I want to do something like that with my 4runner. Can you fill us in on some specs, materials used, approximate cost, etc? Does it just sit back there or is it secured to the bed of your truck?

Very nicely done!

Very bad ass. I want to do something like that with my 4runner. Can you fill us in on some specs, materials used, approximate cost, etc? Does it just sit back there or is it secured to the bed of your truck?

Sorry I havent been updating this thread. As for the materials, I used was particle board and plywood to construct the outer case of the box and speaker system. It is bolted down to the third row seat mounts on each sides and not the floor board. as the bottom rests directly on the floor.

here labor is very cheap it cost me in USD 400 with materials and labor.

Cool. Is it bolted the the third seat supports

It is bolted down to the third row seat mounts on each sides and not the floor board. as the bottom rests directly on the floor.

Very nice. Any chance you have the 3rd row seats for sale? -Dave 217 778-7206 (Champaign, IL)

Well If your willing to pay for shipping from Cartagena, Colombia to Chicago... I would have a problem!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom