my new wheels/tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
Just got 'em on. First modification, 32 x 11.50 BFG A/T on American Eagle 15 x 8 series 102, 3.25 inch backspacing. I'm happy with the fit, added width/height is perfect on a 1991. She definetely looks tougher. I haven't noticed a difference in power going from a 31 inch to a 32 tire. Haven't weighed the old & new rims but just lifting them both, the newer ones seem much lighter than stock. Lighter weight rims the reason I'm not noticing a loss of power? I was planning on adding pictures but noticed the 80 kb limit and my pics are bigger :( If anyone is interested in the pics I'll be happy to e-mail them. I'm feeling too lazy to go re-take the pics - the lower resolution wouldn't do her justice. I just listed my stock rims on Ebay, hoping to finance OME springs/shocks with the proceeds. (feel free to donate :beer:) Thanks to those who provided experiences on fit for wheels/tires (genericfj80).

power difference from going from a 31 to 32 would be imperceptible, I would think. To post a high res pic just change the image size to about 400x300. Save it to your desktop or anywhere then post it in gif or jpg form. Works for me.
Sean

Thanks MTNRAT - I think it worked.

Yeah I'm usually not big on anything "fake" either. They make the same wheel without it. Looking at both versions with tires mounted the fake bead looked better to me.

So can I assume that those tires wouldn't fit on the stock rims with 4" backspacing?

Or did you change rims for other reasons. I guess I should go read the many backspacing threads.

The stock rims were 15 x 7. I would have stayed with stock but 11.50 is too wide of a tire for a 7 inch rim. Rim width should be at least 70% of the tire width. Had I not changed moved to a wider tire I think the 32 inch OD would fit on the original stockers.

Aren't those just great looking tires...

Thats a nice looking set up. Its a little on the bling bling side for me, but whatever floats your boat.

Not a problem. The ones that usually get even more misquoted is 40 and 60 series wheels. People think 60 series wheels are 15x7s and some folks think 40 wheels are 15x6s. 60s are 15x6s and 40s are 15x5.5. All of the 40 and 60 wheels have 3.5" backspacing. Early 40 wheels have rivets that prevent them from working with disc brakes although the rim size and backspacing did not change.

for the record,
I have 15x8 flat blacks and 33x12.5 r15 bfg atkos and love htis set up. this is not a solution for anyone who likes to go really fast but it works well for me. still holds 75 until you ge to the really steep hills.
Dave

The anti-bling

well, bling or no bling, looks pretty sharp to me
E

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=7601;start=msg64144#msg64144 date=1069082369]
3FE Powa![/quote]
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif

3fe powa..................... :-\

They only have a 35a alternator, save low range on hills with the headlights on :flipoff2:

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

3FE POWA!

3FE POWA!
10_1_117.gif

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom