My New 1997 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would take a lot of PS fluid to dilute the oil enough to cause an issue. Definitely want to fix it though.

Great deal on the truck, by the way.

Looking forward to it, I am hoping you will decide to come back to Maine some time and we can do some exporing in the North Maine Woods. There is a good write up on expeditionportal.com The Map is Not the Territory: A Northern Maine Adventure check it out when you have time.

Thanks once again to Cdan, my power steering pump and seals will be on their way today. With any luck next week my truck will be back on the road and running mint. Also looking forward to posting some action photos when I get out for some winter wheeling.

MAINEFJ40 said:
Looking forward to it, I am hoping you will decide to come back to Maine some time and we can do some exporing in the North Maine Woods. There is a good write up on expeditionportal.com The Map is Not the Territory: A Northern Maine Adventure check it out when you have time.

Damn Rick, I just read that entire story and now I'm so homesick I could almost cry. Just like so many of the adventures we did in the old days (except we did them in rusted out, beaten down heaps without any decent gear!). We will make it happen!

I know it, I read the whole thing as well and couldnt stop reading, it drew me in for sure and he did a nice job writing it up. I am looking forward to some of those trips this summer but with a canoe and flyrod strapped on top.

Well looks like I will be replacing the engine this week. Pretty sure I spun a bearing today. I will be taking the pan off tomorrow to do some investigating

MAINEFJ40 said:
Well looks like I will be replacing the engine this week. Pretty sure I spun a bearing today. I will be taking the pan off tomorrow to do some investigating

Ouch.

What are your plans moving forward?

Good luck.
Onur

Dude, I really hope you can just re-bearing it. I'll say a little prayer to the almighty Aisin before I go to sleep. :D

Been a long time since I updated on this post, I did end up completely rebuilding the engine with a lot of help from Beno and Cdan as well as my mechanic friend. I have had it back on the road for a couple of months and really enjoying it so far. I have added a few things like an interior tire carrier for a full size spare. I just received my new tube bumper from Mike Smith at BIO and planning to have it installed this week with a cheap 12K winch. Next on the list is a rack so I have some way to carry my canoe and additional camping gear. The more I drive this rig the more I like it but dont like the amount of money this addiction is costing me..
Bumper_zpsf5801ecb.jpeg

IMG_4120_zps398a3f5e.jpg

Here is the tire carrier that I got, it is now installed on my rig and seems to work really well for a 285 size spare. Very solid, I bought this from iptman here on the forum..

Just sold my 285 Duratracs, New 315 Duratracs should be on tomorrow. I am still waiting for my buddy (mechanic) to get me some photos of the bumper and winch mounted up. I also just got a roof rack on the cheap that I will have to modify slightly to use. The legs are pretty tall. Things are coming along. I think next is going to be some gears along with an axle service and knuckle rebuild along with locker actuator rebuild but its a couple months down the road..

He charges by the hour for the additional work. It was around $100 extra. Here is one scrappy cell phone photo.

848.jpeg

848.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom