Builds My LC79 build, HZJ79 body, 2uz/A343f UZJ79 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amazing wow!
Brother! I’m actually making a stand-alone ecu installation in a brand new FJ79, but I have issues for this cluster reading (part number 83800-6BF23) do you have the pinout for the three connectors?

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

5538E068-EC67-45BE-ADB7-C7CFE4EC1769.jpeg

Hey Bud! When you say pin out you mean the terminal to be used ?
Yea, you know this comb meter has 3 connectors (28 pin white, 24pin black and 6 pin blue), I need where is located the RPM signal (Tach) pin, Oil pressure signal pin and ECT signal Pin

Yea, you know this comb meter has 3 connectors (28 pin white, 24pin black and 6 pin blue), I need where is located the RPM signal (Tach) pin, Oil pressure signal pin and ECT signal Pin

With a Multimeter You need to ping the wire from the starting point on the transmission and then on the comb meter (at the same time) testing continuity.
This way you can find what terminal is associated with comb meter light... Also behind the comb meter you can track the diagram to associated plug in order to accelerate he process.

With a Multimeter You need to ping the wire from the starting point on the transmission and then on the comb meter (at the same time) testing continuity.
This way you can find what terminal is associated with comb meter light... Also behind the comb meter you can track the diagram to associated plug in order to accelerate he process.
I understand what you said, but I’m not talking about a light, I’m meaning the gauges, there’s an output Pin from the 60pin conector from the ECU that goes directly to one of the three conectors behind the comb meter (talking about Tach) … I can’t identify wich is that wire, because I found several comb’s wires that makes continuity with other several in the 60pin ECU’s conector

Also, I don’t have the diagram for these connectors, that’s why I’m kinda lost because I don’t know exactly where’re those signals that I’m looking for

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

Refer the the FSM manual here's most of the 70 series you can find the diagram in there : https://toyotamanuals.gitlab.io/RM0584E/htmlweb/rm0584e/contents/index3.html
Thanks bud! But here’s the thing, this brand new J79 2024 has a 1GR-FE single vvti (intake only), all of the model that is mentioned in that link are the old 70 series with 1fz L6 and so… taking a look at it, is how you said that use a switch to turn on a light, but in this new cluster it shows oil pressure gauge, look at it next to fuel sender gauge

IMG_1959.jpeg

Sorry mate this is pass my pay grade .....
Don’t worry! Thanks you a lot since you are the only one who response me and try to help in this issue that got me stuck, so far, the only way that I make those gauge works again is by installing the stock ECU again working in parallel with the new stand alone ECU, but it’s no the ideal way

Don’t worry! Thanks you a lot since you are the only one who response me and try to help in this issue that got me stuck, so far, the only way that I make those gauge works again is by installing the stock ECU again working in parallel with the new stand alone ECU, but it’s no the ideal way

in my HZJ78 no ECU, that's why my knowledge is limited...

Don't bother with the links. The late stuff is not in all the online materials I have searched. Pin layout also changes in 2016 to include the blue plug six pin. The Tach for HZ/HDT is confirmed not in the blue plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom