My LC200 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to advice from Facebook groups and ih8mud, I bought a 2020 LC200 Heritage Edition back in August 2020 to replace my Ford Raptor which was a lemon. I’ve put over 5000 miles in the LC 200 so far and love every moment I drive it.

The mod bug bit me, and so far I’ve done the following:

- Replaced factory tires with Toyo Open Country AT3 285/65/18
- Replaced all incandescent lighting with LED from Lasfit
- Contacted Dissent Off Road and had their aluminum slider steps and roof rack installed. Also installed a Rigid Adapt 40” light bar to the roof rack.

Doing the following next few months :

- Dissent Off Road front bumper with Comeup 12.5 winch and rear aluminum bumper with swing outs
- Old Man Emu BP51 suspension with tough dog springs and Nitro upper control arms
-Go Fast Campers Superlite RTT

Researching:

- Harrop Supercharger
- ARB air compressor
- ARB rear locker
- Extended range fuel tank
- Awning system

Hit some light trails so far, nothing too technical or rough. LC easily handled them in style and comfort. Hopefully everything will be done by end of the year so I can be ready for tougher stuff that requires more ground clearance. All of my buddies who wheel have fully decked out rides and want me to join in the fun - I just want to make sure I don’t slow them down because I don’t have enough clearance lol.

Any suggestions on what other mods I should do to it? I am enjoying driving the truck and upgrading it as time goes by. It’s been a fun and expensive hobby - but you only live once.

5BAF0CB6-E7FE-4D46-8CAF-4C9EDD6B9947.jpeg

DB872225-0965-4D6E-B229-94230F09D3E8.jpeg

Where are the sliders in your mod list?

nice! how long was Ben backlogged on the bumpers?
I would hold off on the lockers until you re-gear (crawl control is amazing), and personally, I haven't found a need to re-gear with 35's...
But wait, you want that "throw you in the cargo area" feeling when you punch it? I know there's been a lot of talk about super charges, but I'm not sure if anyone has cracked the tuning code yet.

Last edited:
nice! how long was Ben backlogged on the bumpers?
I would hold off on the lockers until you re-gear (crawl control is amazing), and personally, I haven't found a need to re-gear with 35's...
But wait, you want that throw you in the cargo area feeling when you punch it? I know there's been a lot of talk about super charges, but I'm not sure if anyone has cracked the tuning code yet.
Getting front bumper installed end of this month - been waiting a few months. Not sure about when the rear one will be ready. I’ve communicated with someone at Harrop and they told me the boost for stage 1 is relatively low and there is no need for ECU tune, so it’s just bolt on. They did state that if I want to run higher boost and get the most of it, I’ll need additional parts to the kit and a tune. I am okay with stage 1 and the estimated power bump - low boost should in theory have less wear and tear on the engine and drivetrain...I think.

No rubbing or trimming needed. Using factory wheels. It’s almost as if it’s made for this tire size - the speedometer was about 3 mph slower with factory tires - now it’s dead on accurate with the 285/65-18.

No rubbing or trimming needed. Using factory wheels. It’s almost as if it’s made for this tire size - the speedometer was about 3 mph slower with factory tires - now it’s dead on accurate with the 285/65-18.
Did you notice any loss of gas mileage going to them?

How do you like your sliders?
I like them. Light, sturdy, and very functional as a step. My 72 year old mom and 100 year old grandma also love them - mainly because they can’t get in without them. Almost went bud built but these are aluminum and much lighter.

I like them. Light, sturdy, and very functional as a step. My 72 year old mom and 100 year old grandma also love them - mainly because they can’t get in without them. Almost went bud built but these are aluminum and much lighter.
Did Ben install them? What was his lead time? Do they have any texture up top like the Slee 570 sliders?

Did Ben install them? What was his lead time? Do they have any texture up top like the Slee 570 sliders?
Yes I had them installed at Ben’s shop. I don’t remember the lead time - I just waited till he called me. It was around 2 months. They have a texture similar to skateboard tape.

Do you have any more photos of these Dissent sliders? I can barely find anything on the internet and their website was useless. Please share if you do as I'm also looking for some lighter weight sliders.

Also, are these 100% bolt on installs or do you need to drill / install rivnuts?

These are from Ben's instagram page.
I believe the price is $1,450 plus $200 for Powder...
1618812450646.png
1618812527482.png

1618812595748.png

1618812614971.png

Do you have any more photos of these Dissent sliders? I can barely find anything on the internet and their website was useless. Please share if you do as I'm also looking for some lighter weight sliders.

Also, are these 100% bolt on installs or do you need to drill / install rivnuts?
Drill and rivnuts needed. The hole on one side of the frame is smaller than the other, which is why it needs to be enlarged with a drill. To my limited knowledge, only bud built makes sliders that avoid that, but it requires a design that makes it quite heavy besides it being made of thick steel. Haven't had any issues so far.

Drill and rivnuts needed. The hole on one side of the frame is smaller than the other, which is why it needs to be enlarged with a drill. To my limited knowledge, only bud built makes sliders that avoid that, but it requires a design that makes it quite heavy besides it being made of thick steel. Haven't had any issues so far.
ARB sliders (Summit) have no need for drill / rivnuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom