My ICON (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW - There're 3 ICONs in Seattle.

I've randomly come across the other two.

For those familiar with the area - One was on Montlake Blvd, in front of UW Husky stadium,... & the other was parked in front of Park Place Deli, about a block from my home.

Cheers!
~CLK

Amazing how few of them I see around southwest washington. I've talked to four guys that own them but I have never seen their rigs. Passed on on the road the other day and gave him a nod and he looked at me like :meh:. I'd have loved to find him parked so I could say "nice j**p".

It sure looks like the 3100 series.

7191d7c6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Took another look.

The unit above seems identical.

There are no names/markings on the unit.

Cheers!
~CLK

i believe all three units are identical with the exception of where the plumbing pokes out to go through the firewall. looking at it from the cab they would all look the same. it might even be difficult to tell from the engine compartment where the plumbing came out of the unit. might be a question for Jonathan Ward. he has always been very helpful when i have asked him questions.

Just got an e-mail from my daughter.
"It's an ICON! It's gorgeous!!"
I say, where you at?
"Dupont!"
Icon.jpg

Just got an e-mail from my daughter.
"It's an ICON! It's gorgeous!!"
I say, where you at?
"Dupont!"

That was me!

Was down in Corvallis Oregon for the past week.

Made my way home today - Traffic picked up right about @ Dupont,... & continued through Tacoma to Seattle.

Cheers!
~CLK
ps - Went past the Chehalis / Tenino Exit.

Haha CLK, did you realize when you ordered your ICON that the papparazzi would be following you?!

I hope I get to have a sighting of my own someday!

Haha CLK, did you realize when you ordered your ICON that the papparazzi would be following you?!

I hope I get to have a sighting of my own someday!

I'm sure as many here have experienced from driving their own classic 40s - People tend to notice these vehicles.

As a fan myself - I completely understand,... & do my fair share of ooggling on the road.

I have fun with it!

Cheers!
~CLK

I told her to hold up an IH8MUD sign, did you see it?

yes, her and her husband send me pics from all over of 40's. He (they) are huge VW fans, he has a 1960 19 window bus he is restoring, and they go to all the VW meets. Well aware of 40's but didn't know she'd recognize an Icon. But her husband just posted a pic of another Icon from an exotic car magazine he was reading. We have eyes everywhere.......
Nice rig!
Mike

Very interesting thread.
What are those coilovers specs? I cant seems to find it anywhere.
Looks like 10" Front, but the Rear seems much shorter, like 8".

link suspension

Could you post some more information about the rear 4-link suspension on the Icon? What coil over shocks does it use? Do you know the spring length and rates on the coil-overs? What are the upper and lower link lengths, and separation at the axle and frame? Is the wheelbase different from a standard FJ-40? I'm also curiou how well the suspension handles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom