My FJ62 feels likes it’s 1 wheel drive out at Cape Lookout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be looking at converting to manual shift if it were me and I planned on keeping the truck for a long time. Won't be cheap, but that would be my preference.

I'd be looking at converting to manual shift if it were me and I planned on keeping the truck for a long time. Won't be cheap, but that would be my preference.
Would that be swapping in an FJ60 transfer case? I’d have to pay for a shop to do that.

No, you can convert your current case to manual shift.

Here's a much cheaper alternative if you're just looking to replace the solenoid.

Will they fit the OEM bracket?
Yes, they are factory OEM FJ62 from my twin stick truck.

While I agree, you are not getting vacuum from the lower VSV. Something else is still not allowing your transfer case to slip into four-wheel drive and we have to figure that out first.

The big vacuum diaphragm on the side of the transfer case where those two larger vacuum hoses go is the next suspect.

ONSC tech day anyone?

I should bring the truck out to the next meet, I need to actually meet the club I joined, in person haha.

Monthly Meeting one week from today. Bring it out!

EDCE7A66-EEB3-48F2-879F-026AB86E5459.jpeg
Replaced the solenoid with another Toyota one from another thread. I’ll get the part number when I’m back at a desktop. No change in behavior and no lucky green 4x4 light. I’m thinking either that wire into the red VSV is dead or the switch at the dash ain’t doing jack.

View attachment 2727159Replaced the solenoid with another Toyota one from another thread. I’ll get the part number when I’m back at a desktop. No change in behavior and no lucky green 4x4 light. I’m thinking either that wire into the red VSV is dead or the switch at the dash ain’t doing jack.
Does that new VSV pull vacuum now when the switch is pushed?

I thought we had already determined you had a different issue....

Something is preventing the vacuum diaphragm on the transfer case from actuating four-wheel drive.

Does that new VSV pull vacuum now when the switch is pushed?

I thought we had already determined you had a different issue....

Something is preventing the vacuum diaphragm on the transfer case from actuating four-wheel drive.

It doesn’t send a vacuum feed out but it’s getting the same feed in, so I think the switch isn’t happening electronically.

If you switch the vacuum lines the switch doesnt do anything. Even the light is controlled by the vacuum actuator in the transfer case.

If you switch the vacuum lines the switch doesnt do anything. Even the light is controlled by the vacuum actuator in the transfer case.
So if the red vacuum switch never sends a signal and switching the lines also doesn't engage the switch, what's the next point of failure to investigate?

So if the red vacuum switch never sends a signal and switching the lines also doesn't engage the switch, what's the next point of failure to investigate?

The diaphragm on the tcase, if i'm following this thread correctly.

A multimeter.

Again, it doesn't matter, because when you switch the at the correct VSV, constant vacuum is sent to the diaphragm on the case, which should cause it to engage 4wd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom