My FJ60 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fellow mudders,

This is my story...

We all need a cause or need in order to look for a fix, ain't it true?

So I'm an avid shooter. I do long range shooting, IPSC and recreational shooting at a regular basis. Every one involved in shooting sports knows the best ranges are in the GREAT and MUDDY outdoors...

So I got interested into off-roading because I wanted to place these:
DSCF5580.jpg

There in the mountains...
DSCF4348.jpg

So the search began. I looked at several Jeep, a FJ Cruiser, and some other vehicles that didnt worth mentioning. I wanted something old school, carburated, with a shift stick.

After several months of search and research I decided for a FJ60. Still want a FJ40, but this will be a future project. I went with a FJ60 because of the cargo area. I have 3 dogs that will appreciate the ocasional trip to the beach or the woods :)

So this is my FJ60 project. A work in progress. There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

DSCF8114.jpg

DSCF8117.jpg

DSCF8123.jpg

DSCF8126.jpg

DSCF8133.jpg

DSCF8138.jpg

DSCF8140.jpg

DSCF8143.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
Nice ride! What kind of material is in the rear cargo area and the back of the rear seat?

Holy cow. Talk about a clean cruiser!

Nice guns :D

Nice ride! What kind of material is in the rear cargo area and the back of the rear seat?

X2. Beautiful truck. And I thought my cargo area was looking good, so just took a picture today. I have new carpet under the cargo mat. Latches are on the way. :)
cargo area0001.jpg

Excellent:D What's the plan for modifications? Other than the new wheels of course.

Gents,

Thanks for the kind comments.

What you see in the pics is not what I got 2 months ago. I restored the front grille, all lights and light bezels. Throughly cleaned the engine and disassembled the interiors (including dash). The carpet and gunk (under the carpet) removal/clean was 3 days of work!

Installed a new antenna, rear door shocks and Bronco rear view mirrors. New radiator was also installed.

I used a diamond pattern plastic for the cargo area and back seat. I got it at American Plastics and Fabrics. Used 3 yds @ $21.00 each. Also sanded and painted the back seat moldure.

Installed a center console from Cool Cruisers.

I have spent about $100 just in screws :eek:

Window crank handles are aluminum and to be honest, way superior to OEM. Got them at eBay. I covered the speaker and power window switch holes with .08 kydex.

As of now, this is the list of planned upgrades:

1. Complete door panels restoration and install passenger handle bar by sk8salomon.
2. Brakes tune up including new extended lines from MAF. New cylinders and machined discs and drums.
3. New wheel bearings.
4. Complete/fix desmog. Will use an iddle pulley and caps from JimC.
5. Dual battery set up (stainlesstrays.com and 12voltguy.com)
6. IronMan 3.5 lift kit and MAF sway bar extended links. IronMan steering damper. The IM US distributor is minutes away from my place.
7. ProComp 98 15x10 wheels.
8. Copper SSX 33x12.5
9. ARB front bumper.
10. Undecided on the winch.
11. Rear bumper (spare tire carrier and gas cans)- future project by me.
12. Undecided on the roof basket rack.
13. PIAA lamps (2 for the front bumper and some for the roof basket)
14. Fix rust spots on the roof (where the original racks where installed with screws).
15. Exhaust: will keep the manifold but a new MagnaFlow and 2.5" tube is in order.
16. A/C fix: new compressor, dryer and valve.
17. Some kind of cool stereo system.
18. Farm hi jack with brackets for the basket.

Last edited:
Progress as of today.

Rebuilt front/rear brakes
Serviced AISIN’s
Repacked bearings
MAF brake lines installed.
DSCF8154.jpg

DSCF8168.jpg

DSCF8147.jpg

New steering damper
DSCF8150.jpg

Interiors almost done
DSCF8172.jpg

DSCF8170.jpg

DSCF8225.jpg

DSCF8229.jpg

DSCF8234.jpg

Gas pump removed/ JimC idle installed and got a new belt kit
DSCF8194-1.jpg

stainlesstrays.com installed. GREAT trays. Still no 12Vguy goodness.
DSCF8182.jpg

DSCF8193-1.jpg

DSCF8215.jpg

Sweet. Look forward to seeing the lift and tires go on.

What brand and height lift springs did you decide to go with? How big are those tires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom