My first 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's a 2005 lx470. Spent all its life in California and florida. Now it will reside in salty chicago for the remainder of its life.

20190522_183334.jpg

20190522_183304.jpg

20190522_183301.jpg

20190522_183250.jpg

CA/FL Creampuff! Now Chicago rest of life????? Another bites the rust.... :facepalm:

Great score! Enjoy. :cheers:

Looks great! Please get it treated with fluid film or something of that nature before the next winter, and spray down the undercarriage after driving it in the snow. These are getting more and more rare, we don't want to lose another one to rust.

Congrats! Any plans to mod it or keeping it stock? I’m also in the Chicago suburbs! Get a few cans of Fluid Film and spray everything underneath. It should keep it pretty rust free if you’re gonna winter drive it. I bought my LS430 in Los Angeles two years ago and the undercarriage was even cleaner than your pics. It’s my daily/winter car and it’s still 98% rust free. The only areas of minor rust are on the rear axles and a few hardware bolt heads by the calipers since I stayed away from the brakes. Everything else is spotless. The Lexus dealer mechanics hate me though when they have to work on it ahahaha!

Quick question. When un-locking it, it will beep, but when I go to lock it, it wont beep. Also, at night when I -un-lock it, should the exterior lights come on? Sorry for the newb questions.

Right now I dont have to drive this daily. I still have my 2015 silverado 2500 to drive. But the plan is to fluch the AHC fluid, change the fluid in the diffs and transfer case, change air and cabin filters, change the oil, grease everything, take the running boards off, change out the rear tails for LED ones I have on order, blow out the sunroof drain holes, and to change the timing belt and water pump. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but it also helps that my brother in law has been a lexus mechanic for the past 10 years.

When mine doesn't beep, it's because one of the locks isn't working (on mine, it's always the passenger front door). If you lock it, and hear the locks actuate but get no beep, go around and check the doors to see if one is still unlocked. Lock it manually, then the beep should function as normal.

When mine doesn't beep, it's because one of the locks isn't working (on mine, it's always the passenger front door). If you lock it, and hear the locks actuate but get no beep, go around and check the doors to see if one is still unlocked. Lock it manually, then the beep should function as normal.

Bingo, thanks for the heads up. Turns out the rear hatch wont lock unless I do it from the inside. Also, when the rear hatch is locked, when I put the key in the rear hatch and turn it to unlock the hatch, it wont. That makes it mighty difficult to have to crawl in to the back to unlock it. Looks like I am going to have to figure out whats going on, or replace the locking mechanism in the hatch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom