My Fairlady (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually did some work on this thing.
As per the usual, redoing some stuff already done.
Every session is new. Lol. Have to reacquaint every time.
Pic for good measure. :flipoff2:

PXL_20210727_211838397.jpg

Made a couple repop brackets for the heater hoses. Lol
I also figured out some new defroster hoses. These appear to have been something like air cooled vw shroud to heat exchanger tubing.
Of course being a 63, i have no real reference. Seems like a lot of one year only stuff.
This car came with what look like flexible radiator hoses. (wrapped in duct tape. Lol) im picking up a couple new, hopefully better fitting, hoses in the morning.

Going to try and bleed the hydraulic systems tomorrow.

PXL_20210806_235637943.jpg

PXL_20210806_235646129.jpg

Should look something like this.
There are seriously like four really shytty engine compartment pictures online. Lol

Screenshot_20210806-150731.png

Hoses repaired and hydraulics have a primary bleed. I was fighting a couple leaks but nothing terrible.

There are a couple vendors for the fronts.
I've been told the rears are the same as 510.

No biggie, just typical stumblefûck. Entirely my own fault too.

So just a little update here.
These shoes show up on Monday. Guess what. Ya they're wrong.
Pretty sweet.
Pic 1 is my front vs later rears
Pic 2 is what guy is saying are the fronts. (identical to the rears i removed, that's why they are installed as such)
I have, at this point, sent several emails back to guy with these pics. His last email said he couldn't figure out what the issue was..... :rolleyes:

PXL_20210824_235326158.jpg

PXL_20210824_235252379.jpg

In case its not blaringly obvious, the shoes do not have proper holes for return or hold down springs.
I ended just sanding my existing pads with 60grit and reinstalled. Saved me 250$ lol

Aside from this stupid, the hydraulics are bled. The carb has been gone through. Tune up stuff installed.
Need to do some hardware checks, get some oil and i can likely attempt to fire it here in the next week or two.

Still have not opened up the carpet box :flipoff2:

Back at it. I need to push through with this project so I can escape...

This thing is basically ready to run. Brake pedal still feels like dogshyt, so moar fückery incoming.

What i have done is get the wiring finished up. Some locking hardware.

Hooked up the battery today..... No fire or magic smoke. Clock started ticking.
I got all exterior lights up except backup. Just didn't mess with it today. Missing a couple dash bulbs. The red light top center dash is the high beam indicator. ;)
Pics

20220427_182857.jpg

20220427_182918.jpg

20220427_182938.jpg

20220427_182955.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom