My cruiser rebuild story/pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey everyone, this is my cruiser build/story

It all started when my dad came home one day and dragged me down the street for a reason he would not say. we walk up to this guys garage where under boxes and boxes of stuff, was a truck. "Its a Land Cruiser" my dad said. He had one many years ago. I am 16 years old at this point, with no drivers license. So we decided it would be a father son project. we had to push it up the road to where my house was. It came in many pieces and boxes... lets just say my mom was NOT happy, and i had NO idea what i was in for. i was in automotive class in high school, and figured i could do a bunch of work in class.(that bead blaster came in handy)

i am currently 22 and drive it everyday. it took me about 5 years to get it on the road. your prob thinking holy crap, it took you 5 years and thats all you have? well yes lol. i got it without knowing hardly anything about cars and such. also ran into some things in my life that prevented me from going further. i didnt even realize how much time and money went into these things. well anyway i was in high school/college and i spent a lot of time with other things. girls drugs booze video games blah blah blah...

anyway lets get to the pics!!! i didnt take to many pics untill i found this site a couple of years ago. here is what i started with.
1st pic just washing it down. 2nd pic fire wall painted. 3rd pic with bed liner in
scanned pics 002.jpg
scanned pics 003.jpg
scanned pics 004.jpg

Noy bad at all. Dont let the time frame get you, you do what you can, when you can. As for you and POPS, he means well Im sure.It doesnt matter who you are working on a car with , after a while you both want to KICK EACH OTHER IN THE TEETH !!:bang::cheers:

after that trip i needed to replace the axle seals. and decided it was time for a lift kit. after much consideration i got the Man-a-fre 4 inch lift kit with SR. i took a bunch of pics replacing the axle seals because i was going to do a write up on it, but after i replaced them and went to go do the write up, i look on MUD to see what i could find first. i should have looked before i did the rebuild... would have made it a lot easier lol.
renes graduation 038 (Medium).jpg

Drove it around for awhile and put about 1000 miles on it. it was time for another camping trip! but the night before the trip i saw fluid dripping from the side, it was coolant. i thought it was coming from the head but under more examination it turned out to be a cracked block :( so i had to cancel the trip and my friends were bummed. my mom said there was no way i was going to rebuild the motor in her garage again. so i moved down to socal with my dad where he had an empty barn on his work property. BINGO. so i trailerd my truck down there along with my stuff. ended up going to shool down there for a semester and worked on my truck when i wasnt at school. this time i took a lot more pics and had some other ideas in store as well.

At this point me and my dad where working along nicely. He helped me when i needed it and never really got into anymore battles. i really couldnt have done it without him.
Picture 002 (Medium).jpg
Picture 001 (Medium).jpg
Picture 007 (Medium).jpg

it was time for a new block and started searching. Firefly just happend to have an early f motor just sitting around. so we made a trip to where he was stationed at. we saw the awesome helicopter he gets to drive around in. Thanks firefly! some pics of the block that firefly gave me. bottom end had 10k miles on it, so kept the bottom end and now it was time to build the rest.
IMG_0310 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0311 (Medium).JPG
Picture 005 (Medium).jpg

Thats a nice blue. Looks real nice.Glad to hear you and POPS are cool.:clap::cheers: Remember, if its in your way, Run it over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom