My attempt to post pictures.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1050499310_LC1.jpg

1050499323_LC2.jpg

1050499336_LC3.jpg

1050499348_LC4.jpg

I put that on for the LC drivers, so that they like me :D

1050499361_LC5.jpg

Nice truck jack. Not a big fan of those brush guards though. I've seen those one on the rear get plucked off by branches when caught just right. Leaves a nasty hole from the front screw :-[. BTW where do you live?

Rick

I live in Northwest Florida

I am saving some cash to slap an ARB on the front. The rear tails aren't that big of a deal to me. But, I would like a little more beef up front.

LMAO! The Land Rover Recovery Team sticker is great... :G

What kind of roof rack is that?

I think the rack is a custom. It has some rust and needs to be sandblasted and repainted. I know that a lot of companies "rust proof" their racks- this one wasn't. I also had two more Hellas on the back of the rack facing to the rear. I took those off because they were a little beat up. I bought two more and will put them up after I have the rack blasted. A little shine for those tailgaters :D

That LR Recovery Team sticker is great. It makes some people a little mad, but I think it's funny. I had them on my 4runner also and people in LR's give you the wierdest looks. It's great

Ramon,
There are still a few accessories you'll want if you hang with this group of compulsive spenders for very long.

Post a message if you want instructions on fixing your antenna. I believe the procedure for a '96 was described recently by C-Dan.

Toyota sells a set of black pearl emblems that would look good on that white truck. I *love* white trucks.

-B-

Ooooohhhhhhhhh, black pearl emblems???

Tha would look good. I have never been a big fan of the gold emblems. Unfortunately, they were on my 4runner also. What's the ballpark price on a new set of emblems?

Oh, and why do I need to fix my antenna? I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Thanks

Most folks assume it is a Jeep and I go rescue people with it.  :D

It's funny that you mentioned that. I had somebody ask me why I had that sticker because I didn't drive a Land Rover ::) Some people just don't get it

Jack

You've bought yourself a nice truck. That sticker is one I would buy for myself. I love it. I'm outnumbered here in the UK by Landrovers - at least 9 - 1. How about it Gumby. Can't you sell a IH8MUD / Landrover Rescue Team sticker? It could raise a lot of funds.

Cheers, Jim

JNasty-

Where did you get the Land Rover Recovery Team sticker seen and mentioned above?

That airtech snorkel looks smaller than the safari. Is it?

I like the look, but where can a guy look at those?

A snork is most definately next on my list of "stuff to waste money on." :D

Nice pic's. I would love to get a sticker like the one above. Although, with a 91, without Locker's, I would probably end up eating my words. Maybe a good reason to invest in some ARB Locker's... :D
Sony,

The stickers I bought from a guy on a Heep forum. I lost his email and am still trying to find it. Those were my last two stickers and would like to buy some more. If I get in touch with him, I will make sure to tell him that there are others interested.

The snorkel really isn't that big. I have no idea about the comparison to the Safari model or the ARB, as I haven't seen either one of those mounted in person. It is mounted pretty well and sits high enough that if you are able to get water into it, you are probably going to need scuba gear to continue driving anyway

Ramon,

The black pearl emblems look very good on white trucks. They came on the 40th and CE models in 97. I believe the whole set is under $100; check on SOR as they carry them.

>> Oh, and why do I need to fix my antenna? <<

Just a guess. I assumed your truck was turned off when you took the pics. The antenna retracts when the radio is off. Broken antennas are usually the first thing new owners have to fix on their used Cruisers.

-B-

Todd,
Starter contacts at 95k miles.
Belts at 100k miles.
Battery at 6 years (mileage not a factor)
:G
-B-

This thing was maintained meticulously. It had all brand new belts, brand new fluids and the antennae goes up and down via a button on the dash. I just happened to only have it have it 3/4 of the way up.

I will be hunting for the black pearl emblems aroud town. I think they would look awesome, as opposed to the Bling Bling gold emblems   :G

This may sound dumb, but what is SOR? :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom