My 79 got a new face....a Satoshi face. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That truck is rad. Love that color on it. I've been thinking about using that color on my next build.

Those lights are way cool when they are on but not my style when turned off. Round look is very cool.

2018-03-11 02.16.19 pm.png

This light would be a little more stock looking but provide way better light.....lots of work to retrofit it into the OEM housings.

headlight-5.jpg

I purposely chose that pic because it didn't show the lamps. Those are retrofits. Not that you would choose any of these but there plenty of options to go into the OE housing....

retrofit.jpeg

I like the idea. We mess with headlights so this wouldn't be a big deal. Just needs the right light. Not sure a chrome one would give the same look. It looks that they removed a lot of the inner chrome edge...or painted it black to help define the round shape more .Cool upgrade.

I bought the Roman letter grille when I bought the 76. I like it but I want to get rid of most of the chrome on the truck, so I may get the Chinese one as a test piece. Toyota sells a black bumper too that I would switch to. But this is lower priority. I need to decide on a front winch first. My gut wants an 8274, but most of the mounts are for the more modern design winches.

Last edited:
How about the old emblem with chrome. Your all black is from base model which does not come with fender flares. Fender flared 79s come with chrome grille.

Not my cup of tea to have all that chrome.

This is working for me more and more....

20180309_074826_HDR.jpg
20180309_075026-01-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom