Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As always, love those pics. It is worth knowing that many parts in Nevada look so much like Central and Eastern Oregon, with the trees, sagebrush, and scenery. I'm enamored with that kind of land. Your pics really have me wishing I could spend more time there, but I'm in the "green" part of Oregon and very little chance of living any closer.

Don

PS- I would enjoy a Tesla (for a while) as I like technology, but diesel will get me much further.

Glad you enjoy our travels, Don!!

Yep. Apparently, my sciatic nerve is angry, either in my lower back or hip.

But, this time steroid injections are helping... and I’m relatively pain free for two days.

I’m not doing anything for the next couple of weeks.

Me too! Trying to get a MRI so I can get a shot too. My back is killing me and has been for a while now.

Yep. Apparently, my sciatic nerve is angry, either in my lower back or hip.

But, this time steroid injections are helping... and I’m relatively pain free for two days.

I’m not doing anything for the next couple of weeks.

Me too! Trying to get a MRI so I can get a shot too. My back is killing me and has been for a while now.

Sorry to hear that Dave!!

I have a Rheumatologist, for arthritis, who gives me regular injections, for my knees, wrist and elbow... he would probably inject my back as well.

But, I also have a Sports Medicine Doctor (DO), who injects my back when I need it.

Before my spinal fusion, the Sports Med Doc sent me to a pain mgt doc, for epidurals. They didn’t help last time... they may this time.

You might look for Sports Med Doc, who does joint manipulation and trigger point massage. It all helps... especially if you can more easily get steroid injections.

Last edited:
I woke to my right leg (hip to ankle) hurting so bad I couldn’t stand it.

I deal with the same type of crap, the more I sit down the more it hurts, if I am up and moving all day I am fine. My 4Runner KILLS my leg, I can't drive 5 miles down the road without my leg/hip starting to hurt.

Hip/keg hurts

Try sitting with a tennis ball under the butt cheek, on the side that hurts... it will loosen the piriformis muscle and you’ll be surprised how much it helps.

Use it on the other side too.

Try sitting with a tennis ball under the butt cheek, on the side that hurts... it will loosen the piriformis muscle and you’ll be surprised how much it helps.

Use it on the other side too.
A lacrosse ball is more effective tho it hurts like heck at first.

I bet 90% of back problems are associated with locked IT bands in the legs and weak abs.

A foam roller combined with a lacrosse ball might prevent drugs and surgery. Getting fit helps too tho it's harder and not the American Way.

A lacrosse ball is more effective tho it hurts like heck at first.

I bet 90% of back problems are associated with locked IT bands in the legs and weak abs.

A foam roller combined with a lacrosse ball might prevent drugs and surgery. Getting fit helps too tho it's harder and not the American Way.

Well. well, well, look who we have here!

Chiropractor here too. Weak abs combined with IT band are the underlying weakness in MANY low back issues

Those remedies only work for muscle pain and stiffness. My pain is OLD AGE degenerative disk B.S. My last shot was 5 years ago. I would say that's pretty good!
I will say moving around helps a lot until you have to get under the rig :eek:

I talked to a spine doc who suggested that most spinal injuries are associated with locked IT bands as well as poor ab strength. I believe him.

And while dealing with those things might not solve degenerative issues, it certainly can lessen their severity and suffering associated with them.

I have two broken vetebrate and spondylosis which threatens my spine. I am particularly bloody minded about avoiding surgery and drugs, so I work on my hip and leg flexibility and keep abs tight fanatically.

I had two bulging discs and two degenerating discs. Went through several rounds of PT, did an injection in my hip (pain was referred there), was in super shape prior to the problems (I think the powerlifting did me in).

I got this book on the recommendation from a friend and definitely benefitted from some of the exercises and techniques.

7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life: How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain https://www.amazon.com/dp/0452282772/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Ji7pBbQAY9GHC

I'll check it out!

I had two bulging discs and two degenerating discs. Went through several rounds of PT, did an injection in my hip (pain was referred there), was in super shape prior to the problems (I think the powerlifting did me in).

I got this book on the recommendation from a friend and definitely benefitted from some of the exercises and techniques.

7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life: How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain https://www.amazon.com/dp/0452282772/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Ji7pBbQAY9GHC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom