My 1970 FJ40 Hard Top Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Text Inbound.

For money this is a give away!

If I didn't have to pick stuff for the house this weekend id be heading east and bringing it home but with a house almost ready to move in..... Pretty sure heather would kill me!

Besides all other projects I have stashed here

If you don't get it, I am setting up for a trip next weekend for pickup. I may have to sleep in it, but if I can get it then I am going to.

3rd in line if it falls that low....@wngrog I'll pay you to get it....

@jynx - I'm about an hour north of Columbia. Happy to come help y'all load it all up if you need it.

Preciate that. I will probably take you up on that. I'm hoping to be loaded and out in time to stop by 49Cruisers on my way back out to get the poser shot under the sign, which seems to be required when passing thru Cottonland.

Things look to be coming together. Will nail down timing as week closes out, but tentative plan will be to blow out of Middle TN mid afternoon and roll South. Make a hotel somewhere close to Columbia and crash. Up Saturday morning and start loading and strapping down parts. Try to be headed north before lunch. Roll thru Richland for shot under the sign to appease the cruiser gods, and maybe say hi if it's before 1, then boogie north and east and make the Farm before it gets too dark. Also @wngrog or @wct49 be interested in any must stop lunch spots in the vicinity.

Haven't been on a good road trip in a while so should be good fun, even though it will almost be a straight up Smokey and the Bandit run down and back. Any body need any Coors :beer::beer:

Last edited:
Nope can't do it, it's going To take some time but I want my FJ40 converted to a truck. Even when the Jeep Wrangler truck comes out it still won't compare. Once you go Land Cruiser you just can't settle for a jeep. Just gotta find a decent running one for around $10,000

Does anyone still following this forum know the guy that bought my FJ40? I’m curious how it’s coming along and also want to get in touch with the guy that came down from Jackson in what I think was an FJ80.

Yeah, you found me, just haven't had a chance to respond to the pm.

It is still sitting in parts. The front bumper is on @wngrog's 45, the windshield frame is in N.C. and the front fenders and split hood are about to go on the '78 I bought earlier this year. I'm going to clean up the tub and will probably do a swap onto the '78 at some point. The F is a planter, the 2F, axles and other bits are stored in the barn.

The guy that came and helped load it was JT @fountainhead

Sounds good man I’m glad to hear it’s getting some use even if it was just for parts. I’m in the process of turning my 2000 7.3 F250 into an Overland Vehicle now. I saw where th Cottonkand guys did a group drive through Bienville National Park recently and it made me think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom