My 1970 FJ40 Hard Top Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You coming to the Crawfish Boil Johnny? We need to meet and discuss...

You home the 28th?

Well you are welcome to come to the Boil and have a few bugs and beverages. There will be some rigs to look at as well. Look at the Crawfish Boil thread on this page for info. Hope to see ya there!

Well you are welcome to come to the Boil and have a few bugs and beverages. There will be some rigs to look at as well. Look at the Crawfish Boil thread on this page for info. Hope to see ya there!
Thanks I will try my best to make it! Could probably get some good ideas and tips.

This thing rolled through ACC a few years back for some minor work. If I recall, it was actually manufactured for mining company (by Toyota? not sure). Not sure what the cage on the trayback was for, but it looked like a big game safari truck with that feature. Perhaps some inspiration...but alas I don't have any further detailed photos of how this was accomplished.

TEQ_gametruck (1).jpg
TEQ_gametruck (2).jpg
TEQ_gametruck (3).jpg

This thing rolled through ACC a few years back for some minor work. If I recall, it was actually manufactured for mining company (by Toyota? not sure). Not sure what the cage on the trayback was for, but it looked like a big game safari truck with that feature. Perhaps some inspiration...but alas I don't have any further detailed photos of how this was accomplished.

View attachment 1260461 View attachment 1260462 View attachment 1260463
Thank you! That is awesome. Exactly what I'm going for minus the rear doors. It's going to be a monster in size but I'm wanting a safari styled vehicle.

stumbled across this post. A guy took a troopy body and put it on a Tacoma frame.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-were-they-thinking.646182/page-5#post-8989451
_60-jpg.846095

This is my drawing of what it will look like. I'm going for 37's. Because of the lift, tires, and added wheelbase I'm considering going with a Chevrolet Vortec 5.7 because idk if my 2F will do the job. I'm going to be using a G.M. SM465 Muncie regardless. The only thing the picture doesn't show is the GOBI roof rack that I'd like to get eventually. Also those are toolboxes/ storage compartments built into the body and bedsides.

image.jpeg

I've been trying to find a picture like this for 4 years. Found this on google. This is roughly what I'm doing, the bed will be the "short bed" styled bed and I want to use the stock rims and hubcaps.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom