mwm diesel motors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was commenting on a post that somebody else had made and asking then some questions about the NWM they were talking about so what if some other thread has expired I thought you were asking a question because you want to know the answer to it Not just so you could tell me that thread had expired
I thought that was the purpose of these threads to exchange information regardless of what it was for

I was commenting on a post that somebody else had made and asking then some questions about the NWM they were talking about so what if some other thread has expired I thought you were asking a question because you want to know the answer to it Not just so you could tell me that thread had expired

Yeah okay.

Tell me about this gearbox fitment. I also have a landrover 300tdi and wondering if the gearbox fitment is the same.

Anyone have a part source for this motor (MWM 2.8 sprint turbo intercooler )
Lol. I take it you aquired one on a auction also.... at the beginning of this thread they mention a place in ohio, Hercules...
I contacted Mike there and im working on trying to get brackets and belt tensioners ect ect.

Yes, I would be interested. What's a Getrag 6 spd. Interested in an automatic-tired of driving a stick shift and I'm not into off-roading the vehicle. Want to put in in a 1982 F43 Landcruiser.

I build defenders so my knowledge is skewed towards all things Land Rover. I’m sure they talk about it in other threads in this forum but the 2.8 MWM was originally derived from the Land Rover 300 TDi (2.5 liter).

I have a good source on long blocks, heads, complete engines etc. I can also get the proper VGT turbo (new) if you need help sourcing that.

as for transmissions I focus on manual MT82 6spds (2007-2016 Defender not mustang) but you could mount one of the automatics used on the discovery gen 1 and gen 2 directly to the 2.8 No Ecu or TCU so shouldn’t pose a problem but never attempted. Parts are still readily available new OEM and genuine.

I'd like to make it as simple as possible. Complete engine-not a long block. From what you are saying, this engine doesn't need an ECU or TCU so it's old school as you would say. What transmission model numbers are the Discovery Gen 1? Can you fit one of the later model GM 6-8 speed autos. From what I understand, some of them don't require a TCU.

I'd like to make it as simple as possible. Complete engine-not a long block. From what you are saying, this engine doesn't need an ECU or TCU so it's old school as you would say. What transmission model numbers are the Discovery Gen 1? Can you fit one of the later model GM 6-8 speed autos. From what I understand, some of them don't require a TCU.

I never got one-but I'm still open to buying and installing one if I can get my hands on one.
2 different listings on ebay right now one for $4000 one for $5500 both in aluminum crates from gov. Auction.
One sold at auction 2days ago for $2005,, i almost bid on it just to have another one.

300TDI bored to 2.8 MWM specs. Brand new rebuild everything replaced all the way down to the core plugs.

On its way to be mated to MT82 hybrid 6spd transmission and LT230 transfer case.

3BC9C5AA-9EEA-418A-A2DB-9540B11AA54D.jpeg

C9CD3894-C55E-48FE-9876-59E2087BBF64.jpeg

0EB307E6-4B47-460A-9330-F4EC7DB9251C.jpeg

F29CC062-C83F-40DD-805C-DDD975B4D452.jpeg

821C27C4-6EE8-4CCF-830F-EA8D9DE48DFD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom