Mud Races (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a Mud N Suds next weekend in mauston wi. They have mud reces that the public and enter. I don't know if I will have the new t-case and cable lock in by then.

If I was to enter... What should I need to do to prepair?
It is hard to tell what the hole will be like as one year it is a deep heavy mud. The next it is like soop. I have the diff vents extenders on. About the only thing I worry about is mud water in steering knuckle and engine bay. I don't have a snorkle but I haven't seen any one suck in water there, yet. After deep mud/water do you need to repack the knuckle or does the seal keep soop out. I rebuilt it last fall. The other thing I worry about is that the 80 is the wifes untill I sell the 60. The 60 would be way to slow as it is a timed race.
kurt

I would really think twice about taking the wife's truck :eek: to such an event. There is no way a heavy 80 series is going to win going up against lighter samys, jeep and pickups.

Land - don't do it man. Mud is evil. Not worth it dude. If you really want to enter, rent a car and take that in. :D

Mud is evil.  
MUD IS FUN!!! :D
I can see why you don't like it if you got stuck in that pansy NJ mud you showed us Junk :p :G
But yeah, a nice 80 would do alright, but not good enough to be worth it. Thats not what they are built for. For mud racing you need pickups/70-80's american SUV's with firebreathing big blocks and boggers.
tabithas%20revenge.jpg

just buy a cheap chevy or sheep and run through it, you wouldnt care if you ruin it then :D

... actually last year someone took a rented uhaul small size truck into one. He did pretty crappy then took it back the next day. Something about them screwing him before and this was his revenge or something like that. :D ... no, not me :flipoff2:

30 seconds of mudding = 30 minutes of cleaning

puke.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom