MSRP + Premium slowly going away..at least in N. Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week, all dealers I emailed or called in the Dallas and Houston area were quoting MSRP + $1500, $2500, and one even tried $3500. Don't ask why I waited until the last minute to call my local dealer, but I reluctantly called my local (small town) Toyota dealer today and they told me that they had the color I wanted (Black Cherry) in 4x4, auto and fully-loaded package#2 upgrade. When I interrupted him to say that there are also several other dealers in Dallas that have them but are way out of line asking OVER MSRP, he interrupted me and said that they are only asking MSRP.
They seemed pretty honest, not pushy, and very helpful with making me happy.

I gave him my $500 deposit and will hopefully be picking it up this Monday.
From there I'll be putting a 3" lift, moderately aggressive tires, ARB bumper with WARN 9.5ti winch, and front light bar on roof rack.

Meanwhile - they wanted a crack a taking my 03 Rubicon in for trade....I really wasn't interested but gave them a shot and they came back at 15K. My Rubi is tricked (with all of the stuff above) with low mileage and worth more than that, so I'm off to ebay to sell Rubi.

Anyway...The MSRP + (date rape) will hopefully be a thing of the past soon and will only remain in the urban areas where the consumers are willing to pay it.

Mike

Rubicon vs. FJC

I have, and if OFF ROAD were the ONLY thing i was comparing, I would wait until this Aug/Sep and opt for the 07 Rubicon. I am VERY HAPPY with my Rubicon and I use it all the time in all kinds of terrain. I have zero bad things to say about it - but it's a jeep; It's noisy even with a hard top (but much better than before); it's hard core and not many luxuries, not much room for extra passengers, etc... I love the 4:11 ratio axles, 4:1 transfer case, front and rear lockers, better suspension, etc...
The FJC (I believe) will meet all of my off road needs (Snow, Mud, Hills), and come with a much smoother, quieter, ride, and just feel more solid.
As an added bonus, I think I'll be able to fold the rear seatrs down and bed down with a sleeping bag without too much trouble.

Mike

My dad lives in a small town in Wyoming. At there dealer they just got the first one. They had 8 preorders. 7 of them cancelled their orders and got their deposits back after seeing the first one. There next one comes in 3 weeks and already they were willing to deal on price. Last weekend one sold on Ebay for $40,300. I think they are going to be sorry. I saw the free brochure/FJ Magazine go for over $20 on Ebay plus another $5.50 shipping. NUTS!

Eric V.

Mike, you got it at Lawrance Marshall I guess?

The next Lone Star Land Cruisers meeting is April 20th in Dallas. It would be awesome if you could bring it down for us all to check out! I know it's a bit of a drive from Denison. Our ex-president lives in Bonham and makes all the meetings - I'm sure he'd let you follow him down.

Just a thought. Congrats!

hahaha In Miami, they are charging 4-5K above MSRP, at Kendall Toyo and Expressway.

Texas TLC club

Hi Jason -
Sure I'll bring it down.
BTW, I know Butch Baker (good friends) and just saw him this weekend after a long day of arrowhead/fossil hunting in Bonham. He did a lot of work on my 71 FJ40. I should pick it up early next week and I have firm plans to lift it and upgrade the wheels/tires/bumper/winch.
Thanks for the invite Jason

Oh, and yes it was Lawrence Marshall.

mike

Yeah the SE is definitely and they actually want me to believe it is the manufacturer doing this but they can't even agree to a set amount amongst themselves. They call it an addendum in one place and a market adjustment in another. Damn thieves, a week earlier they didn't even know what the truck was if you see in some of my earleir posts. As much as I want this truck I may not buy it, I may stick to just my FJ60.

Last edited:
Trollhole said:
Go away Thai. No one is going to bite. You troll.

Woody is there anyway you can ban his IP. I have yet to see a post that he has written that doesn't have the words Rubicon or G500 in it.

I thought that i was on your IGNORE list???!! Hmmm...things that make you wonder....

And WHEN did i mention my ride recently??? SEARCH. You're just too paranoid these days, Troll. I am allowed to have a signature, don't I?? Or are you scared to death of my signature too?!:flipoff2:

BTW, it was a fair question to Logic2. Stop being such a spoiled brat! :crybaby: Geez....

Last edited:
ginericfj80 said:
My dad lives in a small town in Wyoming. At there dealer they just got the first one. They had 8 preorders. 7 of them cancelled their orders and got their deposits back after seeing the first one. There next one comes in 3 weeks and already they were willing to deal on price. Last weekend one sold on Ebay for $40,300. I think they are going to be sorry. I saw the free brochure/FJ Magazine go for over $20 on Ebay plus another $5.50 shipping. NUTS!

Eric V.

7 out of 8 cancelled their orders and got their deposits back ! :eek:

Mike called me today......I will start next week on lifting and tricking it out.....:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :bounce: :bounce2:
Butch

I went to Tejas tha they were trying to tell me that they wanted 5-6g's over MSRP. I can get it from Sterling Mccall for MSRP but I was told that I would have to wait 6-8 months.
I have to see how a few projects go befor I buy one of these . But the FJ is on my Must have list

Dealer Premiums (and not) in SW Florida

FYI in SW Florida, I bought mine last week at Cramer Toyota in Venice, Florida. It was their first FJC, and was sold at MSRP. The one currently in their showroom (already sold) went at MSRP. Not far north the local Toyota dealer is adding a $7995 (again, $7995) "market adjustment" mark-up. Buyer beware. Or call Cramer Toyota.

One week owner's impressions: Great ride, city and highway. Comfortable and quiet. Front cabin feels huge. Mirrors are sufficient to eliminate rear/side visibility problems in traffic. Not overpowered, but fine. Forget the carpet mats. The rear ones are unattached, and are under the front seats as soon as someone gets in the back. Stick with the all-weather mats. Sound system (UG#2) is very good. Plenty of bass without the sub. EPA mileage estimates are probably pretty close. I got 18+ mpg on a mostly-city tank. No highway-only mileage yet. And unfortunately, no significant offroad driving yet. Nothing negative to report.

It has been raining around here it is time to see if that thing likes to swim a little.

Went to check them out at Toyota of Lewisville, very helpful and cool guys...but they had a $5000 premium on the FJ's. The salesman who helped me did mention, off the record, that Toyota of Irving is sellng them for MSRP. On another note, I was set on getting a maroon one, but after seeing them in person...the blue is my personal fav.

rickr-sao said:
FYI in SW Florida, I bought mine last week at Cramer Toyota in Venice, Florida. It was their first FJC, and was sold at MSRP. The one currently in their showroom (already sold) went at MSRP. Not far north the local Toyota dealer is adding a $7995 (again, $7995) "market adjustment" mark-up. Buyer beware. Or call Cramer Toyota.

One week owner's impressions: Great ride, city and highway. Comfortable and quiet. Front cabin feels huge. Mirrors are sufficient to eliminate rear/side visibility problems in traffic. Not overpowered, but fine. Forget the carpet mats. The rear ones are unattached, and are under the front seats as soon as someone gets in the back. Stick with the all-weather mats. Sound system (UG#2) is very good. Plenty of bass without the sub. EPA mileage estimates are probably pretty close. I got 18+ mpg on a mostly-city tank. No highway-only mileage yet. And unfortunately, no significant offroad driving yet. Nothing negative to report.

Very cool to hear there is a decent dealer in South Florida. I may have to pay them a visit.:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom