Mpg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I would like to knwo, what is average mpg everyone is getting. Have anyone ever passed 20 mpg, if so, how? Have anyone tried one of those gas saver things on commical?

Dont know if search is still down....but its been covered a few times.

I got 20 for a couple weeks and since dropped to around 16. I account that to the fact it was warm...and now its cold and I dont give my truck long to warm up. I also drive very short distances....so I probably waste a lot in starting the vehicle.

I would say do a good tune up, get a good air filter and enjoy the truck for what it is. :cheers:

20 mpg is attainable whilst going down a mineshaft in neutral...........;)

The realistic range is 10-15 mpg with a few pulling 16 and a rare bird pulling 17.

cruiserdan said:
20 mpg is attainable whilst going down a mineshaft in neutral...........;)

The realistic range is 10-15 mpg with a few pulling 16 and a rare bird pulling 17.

Hey - get back to counting inventory.:flipoff2:

I average right around 13mpg for city driving.

Didn't calculate the to/from Pismo.

Last edited:
Consistently 13.6mpg here....With No A/C, I can pull low 14's....It was hurting a couple months ago when gas was near $3/ gal. I still feel better that I'm not driving a H2.

I got really excited when I pulled 14mpg:bounce: on my way to Pismo. Turns out I had a tail wind. I am now back to reality and my consistant 12mpg. :crybaby: oh well can't have it all.

skyshark- time to get a new calculator. I do not believe 20MPG on an 80. I do a lot of stop and go driving (city and 405 freeway) and get around 14MPG. Freeway driving only I can get 16-17- will let you guys know after my 1k mi. round trip (LA -> Tucson) over Thanksgiving.

I average around 13 mpg with mixed city and highway driving-more city. On our recent trip to Mammoth got 15.3 mpg and I was driving between 75-85mph-hit 95 mph on a straight flat section for a few seconds.

I bought my '96 in October and drove it from Denver to Phoenix by way of Moab two days later. I got 16 mpg from Denver to Moab, and 18 mpg from Moab to Phoenix. The second leg was definitely some leisurely cruising, primarly 65mph state highways, good portions of 55mph too.

In the city, my mileage has stayed right around 15.

I just put 285's on it this evening, so we'll see what happens.

whipp,
i can get close to what you've gotten on our 97. consistently 14.5 in mixed rural, city. 16+ on highway driving 75 w/ a/c, so i can iamgine possibly 18 if i drove 55-- that's very slow and as we know, wind resistance increases by the square of velocity, so 75 is MUCH more drag. all stock and tires at 36psi. M1 10w30, all synthetics. tire pressure makes a big difference.

As soon as you go to larger rubber, heavy bumpers, etc the mileage goes to hell. Keep it stock if you want mpg numbers over 14 or 15.

John Davies

Well just filled up this morning 286 miles on 22.3 gallons of gas = 12.83 mpg

Brentbba said:
Well just filled up this morning 286 miles on 22.3 gallons of gas = 12.83 mpg

Thats about what I get, maybe a tad lower due to the additional mods I have. I say thats still not bad considering we drive tanks.

14.5 to 15 around town.
16ish highway.

Got 17.5 about a month ago. All highway, pretty flat, and the gas contained 10% ethenol.

Biff said:
Thats about what I get, maybe a tad lower due to the additional mods I have. I say thats still not bad considering we drive tanks.

You've got the extra weight of the ARB up front and a lift so aerodynamically I sit like a low lean machine by comparison. hehehe:flipoff2:

1992 FJ80 3FE Stock

Full Exped. Prep. (Roof Rack, Roof Tent, Cans on roof)
In town 8-9mpg
Highway 12-13
with a good tailwind 14-15

Economy Mode (no roofrack)
In town 10-12
Highway 12-15
With a good tailwind 15

-H-

Just filled up 243 miles, 20.01 gallons of gas($40), about 12 mpg

I average around 14 with the racks off and 12 with the Yakima 1A's with a basket attached.

phishtaco said:
Just filled up 243 miles, 20.01 gallons of gas($40), about 12 mpg

Wow Your gas is down to $2 a gal? I get an average of 12.5mpg after I calculate for the tire change...I suppose it would be easier w/ the correction gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom