Mpg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alstaz said:
Wow Your gas is down to $2 a gal? I get an average of 12.5mpg after I calculate for the tire change...I suppose it would be easier w/ the correction gear.

Why do you think I filled up today? Gas $2.09 - .10 off for Kroger Plus card. It'll be $2.25 tom., I bet

darn, where is gas this cheap? it's still $2.60 in our corner of the PRK....

e9999 said:
darn, where is gas this cheap? it's still $2.60 in our corner of the PRK....

Glad I waited until this morning. Last night $2.56, this morning $2.52. That's down from $3.06 about a month ago. You can't tell me oil companies and their vertically integrated distribution companies aren't raking in the profits. They'll say risk/reward....there's a little truth to that. Buddy of mine worked in the industry. One of the biggies (will go nameless here) has sunk $10 BILLION into oil exploration, etc in Kazakstan (spelling?) old USSR area. They have yet to get one barrel out yet.....but it's there and coming.

1.97 here :D

best I've gotten is 15 (rarely). Usually 11 - 13 '96 with lockers A/C in use most of the time sealevel on flat roads.

consitantly 14.5 to 15.5 on a stocker, mostly freway 70-85 MPH little suburban and inner city thrown in.

12-13 with mixed driving usually, but 285's go on this weekend, so we'll see what that does.

I ave. 14.8 combined.

I can't tell you, it's litres and kilometers down here! Also filling a sub fuel tank so it gets even weirder. When I do pay attention and convert to mpg I think its around 13, and 15-16 on long drives. I believe it has decreased a bit (maybe 10%) since I put the 285s on.

Just got done w/ a 800 mile trip to the Nantahala to run some whitewater before it gets too cold. Got 12.5 mpg pulling a canoe trailer w/ 3 daggers and some kind of damn french canoe, along w/ two kayaks strapped to the roof racks and camping gear for 5. This trip was mainly highway driving, w/ up and down the mountains included. I also get about the same [12-13] mpg or so just tooling around normal city/highway driving. I have squeezed out 15 mpg on a flat highway, wind at my back, relatively unloaded. I don't think you could get 20 mpg even if you had the ignition off and were being pulled by mules...If you can you could sell that secret for a bundle...

14.2 on the 300 miles home - a quiet 300 compared to the loud 900 three weeks ago in the 40!

I do mostly highway driving, to the tune of 50 gallons of fuel every week. I've got 285s, 2.5 lift, ARB bumper. Of note, I have not had my front driveshaft in (an everlasting chase to find the grrrr noise) in several thousand miles. I'm consistantly 15.5-16.5 mpg. When gas was over $3, I was plus 16.5 mpg for most tanks (never as high as 17). Bottom line, if you want to break 16 with 285s, you REALLY have to want it and drive like it. On the plus side, I'm also getting excellent brake pad wear. :)

2 years ago I got an amazing 18mpg. Was going 80mph with cruiser control on I-90 from seattle to Milwakee, WI. We avereaged 68 mph with stopping, which was amazing... I think it took us 32 hours.

I only get good mileage when I go fast.

My best tank this summer was 18.1 mpg on Montana highways around Bozeman. That was on 'mid-grade' 87 octane. My average on the road trip was around 15.5 on the highway, but a bit of town driving in Boise and Bozeman brought that down a bit. My pure highway mileage was around 16.5 mpg.

I used to get around 300 miles before the gas light came on commuting to work. I have a pretty easy 15 mile drive on mostly flat, traffic-less road. With 300 miles to the light, I was getting 14ish mpg.

I removed the running boards and roof rack, expecting a little bump in mileage, and my mileage is now worse by almost 2 mpg! I've been about 12.4 mpg on the last three fillups. I'm not sure why the decrese, but I'll take a look at tune-up stuff if it doesn't work itself out shortly. I really hope the small dent in my exhaust from my last trip offroad isn't causing that much of a decrease in mpg. :doh:

I don't go by mpg, I go by range between fillups. I get good range with the 80 so I am happy.

C6,
I read an article where the subject was SUV aerodynamics. The Running boards act to minimize underbelly turbulence and help mpg's- which is one reason they love to slap running boards on suv's.

FirstToy said:
C6,
I read an article where the subject was SUV aerodynamics. The Running boards act to minimize underbelly turbulence and help mpg's- which is one reason they love to slap running boards on suv's.

Here's the link http://trucktrend.com/features/consumer/163_0407_turbulence/

Just took my boards off. I usually get 15.5 to 16.5 in mixed driving. Will see what the effect is over the holidays.

I see 11-12 when I tow. Normally about 14 mpg (16 max) since I switched to 285s.

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom