Move Over SHELL ROTELLA The New FSM Viscosity Chart Sheriff is in Town VALVOLINE 20w50 Full Synthetic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
More to come

Stay tuned to have your mind changed for the better of your Vintage Toyota Land Cruiser ..

The hard core fact based Science is in and so to on the Filters

This will be eye opening and help preserve what we all hols
Dear for longer than ever before …

SNAKE OIL

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
The concrete facts hard science on the Viscosity Grade topics

This much is clear to me 💯 %

If anyone has a different view please discuss it below …

This is the title of the thread ..

I chose this oil brand because I found ZERO reasons not to ?

Who cares how it’s sold ?

Is the SH# T legit or not and why ?

That maters most here …

If anyone runs a thinner viscosity you are harming your Land Cruiser engine long term …

That is Also krstal Klear

Please discuss …

Light it up ….lightly please 🙏

075DB2F8-D161-4C5B-A81F-98BDCB69BF99.jpeg

Last edited:
Amsoil is not API certified, refuses to meet API standards and testing.

Phosphorus levels are 5-25% higher than API standards.

Phosphorus is a main anti wear additive for all oil mfgs, but at the increased levels that Amsoil uses it increases the acid level in the oiling system and causes exhaust degradation to the catalyst system. Don't get me started on the cost to replace these components these days.

High performance engines that get rebuilt after every 1-4 passes for a quarter mile run are one thing. There is not a single NASCAR, Indy, or any other longevity required engine that uses Amsoil. Never seen a Amsoil sticker sponsoring on any of these.

Snake oil at best.

Jason
TT

sounds like a marketing ploy....
but some ams is really good

4"... sold

Amsoil is not API certified, refuses to meet API standards and testing.

Phosphorus levels are 5-25% higher than API standards.

Phosphorus is a main anti wear additive for all oil mfgs, but at the increased levels that Amsoil uses it increases the acid level in the oiling system and causes exhaust degradation to the catalyst system. Don't get me started on the cost to replace these components these days.

High performance engines that get rebuilt after every 1-4 passes for a quarter mile run are one thing. There is not a single NASCAR, Indy, or any other longevity required engine that uses Amsoil. Never seen a Amsoil sticker sponsoring on any of these.

Snake oil at best.

Jason
TT

- what is API Jason ?

- what if you do not have Catalyst system ?

what exact brand and type fully synthetic 20W50 would you use and recomend ?

thanks J :)

i have NOT pre-watched this TECH video

i am watching it now

fyi ................

SNAKE OIL

Last edited:
nor this

mobile 1 does not come in 20W50 fyi

SNAKE OIL

Last edited:
Funny you post this today, because just a couple months ago I changed over to AMSOIL in my 62. Using Severe Gear 75W-90 in my diffs, H55F and tcase; Premium 10W-40 in my engine, their ATF in my power steering and when I do my cooling system will switch to their coolant. Since switching, my average MPG is just shy of a mile better (hey I'll take what I can get), and it rides FAR smoother on the roads here. My GF actually asked me if I had done something to the suspension because there's FAR less vibration at highway speeds. The notchiness going into 3rd gear from 2nd (worn synchro ring) in my tranny is far less than what it was even with Royal Purple and Redline. Not gone completely, but definitely improved.

Cruiser aside, I also started using their 2-stroke oil (mixed it at about 90:1) in my old Homelite chainsaw, Husqvarna leaf blower and old Ryobi weed eater and all three run very noticeably better and much stronger with far more stable idle than before (using 91 octane ethanol free gas before and after switching to AMSOIL).

Yeah, I'm sold on AMSOIL. If they made blinker fluid I'd buy that sh*t too.

- what is API Jason ?

- what if you do not have Catalyst system ?

what exact brand and type fully synthetic 20W50 would you use and recomend ?

thanks J :)

API - American Petroleum Institute

Increased acidity levels cause damage to all internals, but eat at catalyst media more. The longer an elevated acidic oil/solution is present the more degradation it causes. If you have a 60 it should have a catalyst system per federal regs. But that's for another discussion.

I've never tan 20/50 in a 2F or similar, especially in a cold weather climate.

But the most comprehensive " high content" zinc oils the early motors need..

266469_ArticleSection_XL_3ef49d83-a255-4602-9d79-315822a981f7.jpg

I can verify it doesn't work.
but did you do the dip method or take a shot
seriously though...
the signature series IS really good stuff, the rest is just ok
and there is better than severe gear for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom