Mounting Front Driving Lights - Stock Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the great response, if you do take off the grill , please grab some picture of how you mounted this!
Decided to remount the bar in front of the grill rather than cutting away the grill cross bar. This did improve the light output more towards how I thought the end result would be, perhaps 15% more output. The BD 30inch arc bar has a very easy on the eye colour temperature, picks up well undulations in the road with wide coverage, fully illuminating the verges and the road itself. The S2 ditch lights installed work great, perfect amount of light, not too much, not too little, subtle location. The light bar throw is adequately long, but not as you would get with a set of hella spots of old. But much wider coverage which is useful for me in my terrain. Work was done by Icon Auto in Dubai. Nice install.

Inked20211105_162349_LI.jpg
20211105_162317.jpg
20211105_162525.jpg

Decided to remount the bar in front of the grill rather than cutting away the grill cross bar. This did improve the light output more towards how I thought the end result would be, perhaps 15% more output. The BD 30inch arc bar has a very easy on the eye colour temperature, picks up well undulations in the road with wide coverage, fully illuminating the verges and the road itself. The S2 ditch lights installed work great, perfect amount of light, not too much, not too little, subtle location. The light bar throw is adequately long, but not as you would get with a set of hella spots of old. But much wider coverage which is useful for me in my terrain. Work was done by Icon Auto in Dubai. Nice install.

View attachment 2831648View attachment 2831649View attachment 2831650
Definition of off-topic, but what made the ridged tracks in the sand you were parked over?

Definition of off-topic, but what made the ridged tracks in the sand you were parked over?
I am on topic, it's just that the thread has drifted. Scroll up you will see I am responding to questions asked of me earlier in this thread by another poster. The OP's question asked for ideas and pictures of how to mount auxiliary lights on a stock bumper.

The lines come from a beach cleaner that drives up and down sifting out all that is not sand and sea shells.

I am on topic, it's just that the thread has drifted. Scroll up you will see I am responding to questions asked of me earlier in this thread by another poster. The OP's question asked for ideas and pictures of how to mount auxiliary lights on a stock bumper.

The lines come from a beach cleaner that drives up and down sifting out all that is not sand and sea shells.
Sorry I wasn’t more clear, I was saying my question was off-topic. Yours seemed perfectly relevant.

I have floods in the bumper. The location is great. The light bar is 40”. I wouldn’t go 30”. The fabricator who made the little mounts for me is not a reliable person and I will not give him any positive feedback on mud. View attachment 2585969View attachment 2585970View attachment 2585971View attachment 2585972

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering how the light output is with the bar mounted like this? What about road noise? And did you run the wire back through the hatch? No leaks?

Wind noise is not an issue. The power is run down the left side of the windshield with no leaks. The light bar is set back sap the cut off is in front of the rig. The only issue is Thule cargo box on the roof. Wind noise is terrible. I had to use aftermarket bars with a wind deflector. PRO AND CON.

Just finished mounting a single row ProComp 20" lightbar directly behind the grill. Lights exit without restriction thru the bottom grill space and mount directly to the metal grill support structure behind the grill. By slotting the mounting "L" bracket vertical adjustment can be made easily.
IMG_1395.JPG

High beams
IMG_1393[1].jpg

High beams plus lightbar
IMG_1394[1].jpg

Can you post pics of where you mounted the bar?
Yes, can you please show where and how you mounted the light bar and how you routed the wires through the firewall. Thanks!

Any updates to the op’s question? Did anyone come up with a product for the pair of round spot lights? I’m interested in installing a pair of lp6’s like others have in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom