Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran strips of masking tape along the panel lines each time I slapped a coat filler on it, just to try and keep the body lines as crisp and straight as possible.

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

The other job I have been working on is the wiring loom. When I stripped the Mouldy Mario, I labelled the loom and then drew a picture of the truck on a piece of 3 ply and then laid out the loom onto the drawing and cable tied it into place. I gave the loom a bath at the time and cleaned up a lot of the connectors. Despite this, rewrapping and retaping the loom and pulling a bunch of connectors apart and cleaning the electrodes proved to be far more time consuming than I had expected.

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

Love your attention to detail. Nice. Keep it up. Well done.

I actually LOL'd when I read the windscreen frame debacle! The rest looks mint. Keep it up man!

G'day Again,

I dug up a thread I posted in September last year about restoring an old Warn 8274 winch. This was one of the first things I did after getting Mario home. I've included the thread title below. Unfortunately, I can't work out how to attach a hyper-link. So, if you are interested in seeing a few more pics of the winch being rebuilt, you'll have to do a search on the title.

I also knocked a winch bar, but I'm not overly happy with how it looks, so I'm planning on chopping it up and remaking it. I don't like the chrome fairlead and think the powder coat colour of the bar is too close to the colour of the winch.

Warn 8274 - Rebuild and Brake Assembly

View attachment 1251859

View attachment 1251860

Did Warn supply the black plastic cover w the “W” on it?

I also got some paint onto a few miscellaneous items. The paint I used was from a new can and I was worried that there would be a visible difference between old and new. The blokes at the paint shop assured me it wouldn't be a problem. I still breathed a sigh of relief when I bolted a couple of bits into place. The last photo is the cover for the fuel breather system. The PSI in my air compressor creeps up and after painting this I noticed it was at 2.5 bar, so it's a bit more orange peely than I would have liked, but it is hidden by the tub so I'll leave it.

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

Last edited:
Ben Mario is coming together very nicely! It won’t be long before he’s motoring down the tracks. Keep up the good work!!

and some more heater box action shots. I reckon some new foam will make a bit of a difference.
Ben Mario is coming together very nicely! It won’t be long before he’s motoring down the tracks. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks Mick,
I reckon another decade or two and I'll be going close to turning the key on this bad boy!

IMG_0952 2.JPG

IMG_0987 3.JPG

IMG_0991 2.JPG

IMG_0996 2.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

I peeked a look at my heater core the other day. Looks bout 10 times worse than yours. A little bit of a cleanout might be in order these days off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom