motorcraft vs. weber??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a motorcraft carb on my 40 right now and i am getting a weber in about a week or so from a friend......i am contemplating swapping the two and putting the weber on. just wanted to see what you all thought. many thanks! :grinpimp:

TJDIV said:
rumor has it they're basically the same thing.

Waste of Money? Just different amounts........................

Whats wrong the carb you have? Which intake manifold are you running? If stock, maybe the adapter is leaking or cracked, a very common problem with the webers. Out of the box they have to be modified to seal correctly.

I'd keep the motorcraft if the weber is your only choice.

SpaceGhost said:
Waste of Money? Just different amounts........................

Whats wrong the carb you have? Which intake manifold are you running? If stock, maybe the adapter is leaking or cracked, a very common problem with the webers. Out of the box they have to be modified to seal correctly.

I'd keep the motorcraft if the weber is your only choice.

Well since you mentioned it, yeah I had to get the adapter plates milled flat when I bought it to fix a vacuum leak, and there was a little vertical crack in one plate that I sealed on reinstall. But those are merely pieces of aluminum not necessarily manufactured by Weber in some cases, and don't really make or break the quality of the carb itself. Good carb. But then mine wasn't a dedicated rock crawler either.

thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom