For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

There‘a an 80 on here for sale named “Betty White”. Listed at 35k. I’m interested, but I just don’t know the market. What do you think fair price for that rig is? I know it’s had quite a bit of work done to it. Thoughts?

The problem is finding comparables for a rig like that. Not many change hands in the US. If it was a US market 80, there's tons of them changing hands all the time--lots of comparable sales. Even HDJ80/81 change hands somewhat regularly, and there are probably enough comps to get a decent idea of where that market is.

But "Poverty Pack" HZJ80 like that one, with naturally aspirated motor and swing-out back doors, are rare here. It's kind of worth what someone will pay for it. If I had one like that, I'd probably have it priced about where that one is, FWIW.

@Mpwelsh If it’s the one I think it is, it has wxtensive coverage on here and at least one thread devoted to it. I think it would be worth it, but only if you think it is. 1HZ’s aren’t for everyone.

There‘a an 80 on here for sale named “Betty White”. Listed at 35k. I’m interested, but I just don’t know the market. What do you think fair price for that rig is? I know it’s had quite a bit of work done to it. Thoughts?
I've heard reliability of the 1HZ can be somewhat hit or miss once a turbo is installed. But maybe this one is done right to avoid mishaps.

Idea of value for my beat rig?

93 Fzj80 non-locked
Aprox 139k
Paint and interior trashed
Rust on frame from p/s leak
Power steering disaymbled but have new gear to install
Cats we removed and replaced with straight pipe before my purchase
Rough overall but ran before I disaymbled the powersteering and don't have the time to put it back together since I'm traveling for work.

Thanks!

Idea of value for my beat rig?

93 Fzj80 non-locked
Aprox 139k
Paint and interior trashed
Rust on frame from p/s leak
Power steering disaymbled but have new gear to install
Cats we removed and replaced with straight pipe before my purchase
Rough overall but ran before I disaymbled the powersteering and don't have the time to put it back together since I'm traveling for work.

Thanks!

Not trying to be a troll but please get the power steering in or hire someone mobile to do it. It’s not that bad because non running you will get scrap value at 1500 since it’s all trashed and rusted. Locker or no locker situation and no pics. Running but trashed I’d say 3500 since it will need 1500 extra to be a okay running rig

Not trying to be a troll but please get the power steering in or hire someone mobile to do it. It’s not that bad because non running you will get scrap value at 1500 since it’s all trashed and rusted. Locker or no locker situation and no pics. Running but trashed I’d say 3500 since it will need 1500 extra to be a okay running rig
Not a Troll. There is a clear condition difference on rigs that sells for 37K on BAT with rust and rigs that sell for 137K. Condition and rarity is everything.

100 series owner checking in here, this popped up very local to me and am going to go check it out. Doesnt have much info in the ad or good pictures, but just wondering depending on rust/how it runs whats a good deal on 80s these days?

100 series owner checking in here, this popped up very local to me and am going to go check it out. Doesnt have much info in the ad or good pictures, but just wondering depending on rust/how it runs whats a good deal on 80s these days?

Agree with Dusten. He's asking way too much. Based on that ad and the pics provided, I'm at 2,500.

Agree with Dusten. He's asking way too much. Based on that ad and the pics provided, I'm at 2,500.
Thank you, was just trying to get some sort of a starting point to go off of. Much appreciated.

Many of you probably saw the one in Richmond VA, listed here in Classifieds.....he put it up for auction and best I can tell it sold for around $16k (seems to have been the reserve, which was not met, but the site said the last bid was just $250 off reserve)

Seems like a great deal for a 3X Locked 40th with under 200k. Seems to me that prices are down around 20-30% lately....unless you have a 5k mile immaculate specimen to sell on BAT.....

Last edited:
Just my opinion here seeing the market cooling down.

$12,000 (Standard USA truck 1993-1997 (includes the LX450) needs work, such as PHH, firewall hoses, electric gremlins sorted out and suspension work). Running, triple locked, no badly damage body panels/cracked glass or rusted through the chassis. (Dont care how many miles, how many owners, condition of paint, interior or bumpers doesn't matter)
  • No lockers? subtract $4000
  • Rust? subtract $2500
  • Not running? subtract $4000 (either engine or trans is the issue)
most folks who buy these are going to do their own thing. Find their own bumpers, monster line or paint it themselves and maybe put their own interior to match their own needs. Rest of the mechanic work and parts, well thats you making it your own ride either for the long run or short.

Last edited:
Many of you probably saw the one in Richmond VA, listed here in Classifieds.....he put it up for auction and best I can tell it sold for around $16k (seems to have been the reserve, which was not met, but the site said the last bid was just $250 off reserve)

Seems like a great deal for a 3X Locked 40th with under 200k. Seems to me that prices are down around 20-30% lately....unless you have a 5k mile immaculate specimen to sell on BAT.....
Seems like a good starting point for an adventure rig. Congratulations on the sale and to the new owner.

The market is certainly softer, but this one is not an good indicator of original condition 80 market. 80 Series trucks that need paint and have rust present are pretty common and haven’t traditionally performed well in the market, because the compromises eliminate so many prospective buyers. The great news is they offer a great entry price point to build or just drive and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom