For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Sold for $59,500 without 5% buyers fee. Factory 3x locked

Last edited:

Sold for $40,000 without 5% buyers fee. Included a pretty nice off-road trailer. True mileage unknown. Factory 3x locked and supercharged.

Last edited:
I guess 80s hit bottom a few years back & now the flippers have found us.

Model / ConditionHigh Miles (>250k)Average Miles (150k - 250k)Low Mileage (<150k miles)
3x Locked, No Rust, OBD2 ('95-'97)$ 15k - 25k$ 20k - 25k$ 20k - 50k
3x Locked, No Rust, OBD1 ('93-'94)$ 14k - 20k$ 18k - 25k$ 18k - 45k
3x Locked w/ Rust ('93-'97)$ 5k - 10k$ 10k - 15k$ 12k - 20k
Unlocked Clean ('93-'97)$ 8k - 14k$ 10k - 16k$ 14k - 20k
Unlocked w/ Rust ('93-'97)$ 4k - 10k$ 5k - $10k$ 6k - 11k
3x Locked LX450, Clean ('96-'97)$ 15k - 23k$ 18k - 22k$ 20k - 40k
Unlocked LX450, Clean ('96-'97)$ 8k - 12k$ 10k - 14k$ 12k - 18k
Early 80 (w/ 3FE) Clean ('90 - '92)$ 4k - 10k$ 8k - 12k$ 8k - 14k
Early 80 (w/ 3FE) Rusty ('90 - '92)$ 2k - 5k$ 4k - 6k$ 5k - 8k

Just one man's perspective. If you disagree or have meaningful suggestions, please send me a message. As the market changes, I'm also happy to try to update as new sales emerge.

High level:
$25k: <200k miles and great condition, 3x Locked, No rust. Here's one that just sold in average state for this price: Link
$18k: >200k miles and average condition, 3x Locked, minimal rust
$12-$14k: Bad shape (but 3x locked)

Adjustments:
- If not 3x locked --> take off $5k
- If rust --> take off $3-6k (depending on how bad)
- If major repair issues need to be addressed: estimate cost, take off 50% x estimate. --> someone will pay to have it done, but others will wrench on it themselves. E.g. If you need $4k of work, I'd take $2k off the price.
- If undesirable modifications -- no change, or less
- If desirable modifications (OME 2.5", KO2's, ARB Bumper, etc) --> add + 1/2 x the cost of modifications. E.g. if you add $10k to build-it-out, that adds $5k to resale price.

TLDR for 3x FZJ80:
High: $25k - $30k
Low: $12-$15k

Exceptions:
- $80k -- freak event for 40k miles 3x locked 40th anniversary (you know the one)
- $5k -- unlocked FJ80 (91-92), or FZJ80 with rust or >$300k miles w/0 lockers.

Caveat: Just an opinion, so 100% open to alternative views on this. Price is a fickle thing...

Thanks
- Spencer

Last edited:
I guess 80s hit bottom a few years back & now the flippers have found us.
Yeah pretty much. Like any car that goes up in value though, the amount of flippers will subside drastically as time goes on and owners realize their cars worth. How long will that take? Depends on how quickly owners are willing to look at the sales data and adjust their prices accordingly. It makes it a lot harder when you have a community of people (FB Land Cruiser marketplace is the absolute worst) who are constantly saying market priced trucks are priced way to high. Doing dumb s*** like that just leaves the door wide open for flippers.

Also, I bet there’s going to be people in this thread saying how they got their triple locked, rust free truck with 150k miles, original shiny paint, and good interior for $5k. Maybe not as extreme as $5k, but you get my point (way underpriced). Stuff like this should be seen more as bragging than an actual data point.

Yeah pretty much. Like any car that goes up in value though, the amount of flippers will subside drastically as time goes on and owners realize their cars worth. How long will that take? Depends on how quickly owners are willing to look at the sales data and adjust their prices accordingly. It makes it a lot harder when you have a community of people (FB Land Cruiser marketplace is the absolute worst) who are constantly saying market priced trucks are priced way to high. Doing dumb s*** like that just leaves the door wide open for flippers.

Also, I bet there’s going to be people in this thread saying how they got their triple locked, rust free truck with 150k miles, original shiny paint, and good interior for $5k. Maybe not as extreme as $5k, but you get my point (way underpriced). Stuff like this should be seen more as bragging than an actual data point.

Agreed - the Facebook marketplace is definitely unpleasant. I listed a truck recently, sold quickly and pleasantly to a MUD member. I also advertised on the FB Land Cruiser Marketplace - and instead got harassed by trolls and haters. Virtually no comments about the truck itself. So bizarre...

One man's perspective for FZJ80's:
$25k: <200k miles and great condition, 3x Locked, No rust. Here's one that just sold in average state for this price: Link
$18k: >200k miles and average condition, 3x Locked, minimal rust
$12-$14k: Bad shape (but 3x locked)

Adjustments:
If not 3x locked --> take off $5k
If rust --> take off $3-6k (depending on how bad)
If major repair issues need to be addressed: estimate cost, take off 50% x estimate. --> someone will pay to have it done, but others will wrench on it themselves. E.g. If you need $4k of work, I'd take $2k off the price.
If undesirable modifications -- no change, or less
If desirable modifications (OME 2.5", KO2's, ARB Bumper, etc) --> add + 1/2 x the cost of modifications. E.g. if you add $10k to build-it-out, that adds $5k to resale price.

TLDR for 3x FZJ80:
High: $25k - $30k
Low: $12-$15k

Exceptions:
- $80k -- freak event for 40k miles 3x locked 40th anniversary (you know the one)
- $5k -- unlocked FJ80 (91-92), or FZJ80 with rust or >$300k miles w/0 lockers.

Caveat: Just an opinion, so 100% open to alternative views on this. Price is a fickle thing...

Thanks
- Spencer
I bought mine last last year which seemed like higher-than-market-value but now would be a great deal. I'm very curious to see how the market adjusts post-COVID and if the trend continues. It does seem like a lot of these 'overland' vehicles have gone up in price since less people are traveling by airplane. Time will tell.

Bought my '97 LX450 with 174k for $4,500 in November 2020. Not locked. Straight body, no rust, seats thrashed, cracked windshield, some bruises on the cladding, but bone stock. pretty much one family owned. Needed all deferred maintenance done and a new radiator, but ran and drove flawlessly.

I feel like I stole it. I was first to inquire and talk to the guy. I told him I'd buy it but couldn't come until the next day. He held it for me and honored the price despite people offering up to $6,500 and begging him to not sell it to me.

Last edited:
I sold a pretty tired 1992 FJ80 for $8100 recently. It had about 180k miles. Needed axles badly. Had a tiny bit of rust in the front fender mounts and rear hatch. Frame was perfect, rockers were perfect. Used and leaked zero oil, but interior was a little tired.

I was really surprised at the price. I thought maybe $5500. $8,100 was a good number.

I think we will see clean low mile FJ80s appreciate due to their stark utilitarian looks.

I have a FJZ 80 40th with 277k miles and a salvage title that looks like new. I bought it at a considerable discount due to the title issue and miles. The Paint is near perfect so I am going to focus on mechanicals, interior and plan to keep it forever so resale is not a big concern. I am guessing it will be a $15k+ truck once it is done. Even with the salvage title, 20 year old repaint and high miles. Looks very good. I figure in todays world buying a good paint job is more important than mechanicals. Just opposite of years ago.

I paid 11k for my 95 white triple locked rust free 200k mile truck in September 2018. At the time I thought I paid too much for it but it was the nicest truck I could find. Previous owner maintained it well. Had the leather re done. It's spent it's whole life in SoCal and Las Vegas. I've had to put a lot of time and money into repairs, just did a cylinder head gasket job. But at 225k miles now she's in fantastic condition and is a pleasure to own and drive.

IMG_20201207_110032315.jpg

IMG_20200527_181432775_HDR.jpg

Sold for $32,250 today not including 5% buyers fee. Not 3x locked. 112k miles

Sold for $32,250 today not including 5% buyers fee. Not 3x locked. 112k miles
That truck was just about my perfect dream rig.

94 has old dash, no air bags, manual seats, old grill, stainless bumper trim, newer 8x16 wheels, 4.5 engine, black dot center caps. If I could travel back in time, I think this would be my order. Nice dry truck. That is top dollar for a very nice truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom