For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Seeing 2016 LX's in similar mileage range (100-130k) almost $10k cheaper on average than LC.
That has always been the case, although I'd say more typical is $5-7k. Two prime reasons: 1) perception that LX is a luxury vehicle and not built for offroad and 2) people want to mod their suspension rather than run the AHC.

I'd buy the LX all day long; save on the capital cost and not spend $4k on a suspension upgrade. That's around $10k you could put toward other gear or fuel. No small savings, and in a more quite vehicle with more features and better interior finishes. Most users are 'touring' overlanders and not crawlers or desert racers and don't need 3" remote reservoirs even though that's what's plastered on the 'gram. Many posts in the 200 forum discussing the pros/cons of AHC and 570/LC.

Last edited:
That has always been the case, although I'd say more typical is $5-7k. Two prime reasons: 1) perception that LX is a luxury vehicle and not built for offroad and 2) people want to mod their suspension rather than run the AHC.

I'd buy the LX all day long; save on the capital cost and not spend $4k on a suspension upgrade. That's around $10k you could put toward other gear or fuel. No small savings, and in a more quite vehicle with more features and better interior finishes. Most users are 'touring' overlanders and not crawlers or desert racers and don't need 3" remote reservoirs even though that's what's plastered on the 'gram. Many posts in the 200 forum discussing the pros/cons of AHC and 570/LC.
LX definitely a nicer interior. You could in theory have a less well equipped technology-wise LX, because you had to select the options for pre collision / distance cruise control, the heated/ventilated seats, and the wide view cameras on the 2013 LX model year vs them coming standard on the LC. However, almost everyone ticked those boxes, and besides the Luxury package being cozy the tech is a personal preference if you want it or not.

Others may have also come across a green 2014 L.C. listed by RMR in Birmingham. It appears to be really nice and only has 84k miles. I called today to inquire. Asking price: $59,xxx. I love the green color, but that strikes me as an insane premium even for that color. I knew it would be overpriced due to the "call for price". In their defense, I think it's the only green 200 listed for sale right now, but I can't imagine anyone paying that. Am I underestimating how bad someone wants green?

Others may have also come across a green 2014 L.C. listed by RMR in Birmingham. It appears to be really nice and only has 84k miles. I called today to inquire. Asking price: $59,xxx. I love the green color, but that strikes me as an insane premium even for that color. I knew it would be overpriced due to the "call for price". In their defense, I think it's the only green 200 listed for sale right now, but I can't imagine anyone paying that. Am I underestimating how bad someone wants green?
I inquired as well a few weeks ago and heard the same number. I was hoping to trade my 2016 in for it with some cash on their end so I was surprised to hear that number too. A little too rich for my tastes but they move a lot of 200’s so I’m sure there is a buyer out there for that price who would want to stick it in a climate controlled garage as a collectors item.

I’ve gotten to know the RMR guys the past few years and they are really good dudes and I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a Cruiser/car.

Here is a nice looking LC in Charlotte NC. 2019 navy blue with black interior. 33k miles, $66k asking. I thought hard about it but ultimately bought a different vehicle.

Here is a nice looking LC in Charlotte NC. 2019 navy blue with black interior. 33k miles, $66k asking. I thought hard about it but ultimately bought a different vehicle.
I've seen that one listed on Autotrader. The accident history gave me some concern though. Wondering, did you view it in person, and if yes, how did it look?

I've seen that one listed on Autotrader. The accident history gave me some concern though. Wondering, did you view it in person, and if yes, how did it look?
Honestly, the price was fair, it was just over what I wanted to pay. And they wouldn’t take my old truck in on trade, and it was 2.5,hours away.

More thoughts needed from the group. I have a deposit on two vehicles and need to decide today on which one I go with.

2 years worth of miles or 2 years worth of rust?

105k miles with zero rust or 75k miles with minimal rust? All else is equal. Both 2015 LX's, same price, both one owner vehicles, both fully serviced from Lexus dealers, and both in a color I like. Rust free LX will need rims due to curb rash while the 75k LX doesn't have remote start. Both roughly $500 to sort out.

Here's pictures of the rust on the 75k mile LX.

PA 2.jpg

PA 3.jpg

PA 4.jpg

PA 6.jpg

PA 7.jpg

More thoughts needed from the group. I have a deposit on two vehicles and need to decide today on which one I go with.

105k miles with zero rust or 75k miles with minimal rust? All else is equal. Both 2015 LX's, same price, both one owner vehicles, both fully serviced from Lexus dealers, and both in a color I like. Rust free LX will need rims due to curb rash while the 75k LX doesn't have remote start. Both roughly $500 to sort out.

View attachment 3611033
View attachment 3611034

View attachment 3611035

View attachment 3611036

View attachment 3611037
The rust is so minimal, that it's of no concern IMO. Get that one with better condition.

View attachment 3611033
View attachment 3611034

View attachment 3611035

View attachment 3611036

View attachment 3611037
Assuming all else is equal like you said, I'd go with the rust free truck which needs rims. Put on some 17s or 18s and tires with better sidewall. If good mechanical condition, 105k miles isn't a big deal

I'm in the hunt for a 2016+ LC200 as a replacement for a '15 I just sold.

Hoping to find a clean, well-cared for and serviced LC with <60k miles (but, ideally lower) for $55k-$65k. I am flexible on color except I don't want black/black.

Is that budget/ask reasonable? I have read this thread for the past several months & I am seeing values all over the place here and especially Autotrader/Cars.com ...ranging from below my target range all the way up to COVID-bubble six-figure prices for low mile HEs.

Basically just looking for a reality check to see if the Mud hive would agree this is a reasonable budget for the ask?!

Heard it was sold already last week

I'm in the hunt for a 2016+ LC200 as a replacement for a '15 I just sold.

Hoping to find a clean, well-cared for and serviced LC with <60k miles (but, ideally lower) for $55k-$65k. I am flexible on color except I don't want black/black.

Is that budget/ask reasonable? I have read this thread for the past several months & I am seeing values all over the place here and especially Autotrader/Cars.com ...ranging from below my target range all the way up to COVID-bubble six-figure prices for low mile HEs.

Basically just looking for a reality check to see if the Mud hive would agree this is a reasonable budget for the ask?!
Yes definitely feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom