For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Hey folks. I have been looking around at a lot of LX 570s, most specifically the 2013 to 2015 range. I found a 2013 that has 75,000 miles and was in Miami it’s whole life. The frame and under body are as clean as I’ve ever seen And it has a solid service history at the same Lexus dealer for it’s whole life. The only holdup is it has a history of a “minor “rear end accident listed on Carfax. Anyone have any experience with this or would be concerned about it? Also, the asking price is 41,000, thoughts?

Anything out of Miami gives me pause, I'd want details of repair facility and then go from there

If you can wait I’d wait a little bit longer before buying. Prices are reallly starting to come back down.

Anything out of Miami gives me pause, I'd want details of repair facility and then go from there
Why is that? Dealer is now saying it’s damage reported and not an accident which I suppose is right based on the carfax. There is a very small dent on the bottom of the rear bumper which is what it could be referencing.

If you can wait I’d wait a little bit longer before buying. Prices are reallly starting to come back down.
Yeah, I think I’m going to. I may have purchased this but without seeing/driving it first makes me nervous and then I just checked the dealer reviews which were horrible. 1 star reviews for the past two years.

I've noticed this too. There have been about 4-6 new-to-market 2018-19s posted on AT all with about 50k miles and all priced around 73k. A few months ago, these were mid/high 70s. I bet by early next year, these will be high 60s. I offered 68,500 for one with 64k miles but the dealer said they would be losing 15k on that deal. Their current ask is 72.4k Yikes.

Only issue is I can’t get there to inspect/drive it and will be taking a bit of a gamble.
Seems like you've already decided to wait, but that's what I'd advise as well. Unless it is an absolutely smoking deal on the exact truck you want, I'd rather pay a little extra for a local(ish) truck and the peace of mind of driving it myself before pulling the trigger.

It'll be interesting to see how far 200 prices tumble as it's a less common, "higher-end" product. Since the market is predicated on human frivolity and demand combined with supply, these days anything could happen to the market of a gas guzzling, luxurious, extra-capable vehicle.
I'd rather pay a little extra for a local(ish) truck and the peace of mind of driving it myself before pulling the trigger.
This is largely why I pulled the trigger and perhaps paid a little extra. The truck matched my desire in colors, miles, condition, service history, and it was a half-day's drive from home. Plus, the dealer rep I talked with on the phone gave me the phone number of the original owner and encouraged me to call him, saying, "he's a really nice guy." So I called the PO and indeed he sounded like a straight shooter and told me stories about the rig. And come to find out, he knows both my dad and a friend through the commercial building world. He provided the service records to the dealership, which match up with the carfax, including oil changes every 5,000 miles. Then he called me back and offered to give me the pet guard he bought -- I plan to meet him to pick it up next week! Never in my wildest dreams did I hope for this kind of transaction from a Hyundai dealership. Overall, I've been impressed with the place. I see they're now selling a 2016 with 83K miles for 60k.

^ I forgot to mention that the deal included a 3 month 3,000 mile power train warranty.

Why is that? Dealer is now saying it’s damage reported and not an accident which I suppose is right based on the carfax. There is a very small dent on the bottom of the rear bumper which is what it could be referencing.
Aha... they say a damage and not an accident: It is always backed into a garage or a pole but NOT an accident!

Yeah: Anything from Miami... think TWICE. I saw an advertisement on CL (somewhere around Miami): The seller specifically stated "the new buyer has to come with him to go to DMV to hand over the papers of new owner".

Carvana's stocks are down for a reason.. prices of cars are coming down like crazy! Just wait...

I had opportunity to purchase a 2018 LC with 81k miles in near perfect condition for $68k+TTL. I passed on it though because I'm in no rush and dealer wasn't going to negotiate lower. Discretionary assets are finally dropping and I'm guessing by mid next year the same vehicle could be around $59-62k.

The LX570 prices are dropping pretty quickly over the last month or so. The LC price premium over an LX is still a bit sticky on the high side. the current LC price premium is as wide as I have ever seen it, so I expect the LC prices will drop soon.

I have an LC100 that I am keeping, and a 2015 Tahoe daily driver, so I am trying to hold on as long as I can for a 2016-2021 LC.

Bias I suppose, I grew up in FL

I had opportunity to purchase a 2018 LC with 81k miles in near perfect condition for $68k+TTL. I passed on it though because I'm in no rush and dealer wasn't going to negotiate lower. Discretionary assets are finally dropping and I'm guessing by mid next year the same vehicle could be around $59-62k.
This would not have been a 'good' deal by any means. Lots of 50-65k mile trucks in the low 70s now. They will be in the the 60s by EOY.

Just picked up a 2010 Black ext Tan int 194k for 24,500 in Portland. Drove her home 3000 miles to north Florida. Ran like a champ. 67 service entries all at Toyota no accidents no rust completely stock. Feel like I got a good deal even with the drive home with gas/hotels. Plus got a cool road trip! I’m sold on the 200. Better than my expectations.

AE6A7AF7-4A3D-423D-9DF7-EB5A190376EE.jpeg

F2BC293E-9870-46B3-AA57-1CD8AD756B1E.jpeg

DEF5911C-3589-44F4-91F7-6D292C8979EF.jpeg

51AA623D-E8AD-4649-883A-017083639845.jpeg

Congratulations!

^^^ is a far better LC 200 than that got sold for $78 with 36K miles. Patience is the key!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom