For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Need some input on pricing... looking fo purchase a truck for father who is currently in a beautiful 2005 100 series....

All of these are private party cars and there is some room to negotiate. I’m looking for input as I think they are listed a little high per my research here.. These are all LC’s brw

2011 Black on tan - 108k miles $33k
2014 Black on Black - 68k miles $47k
2013 Grey on black - 103k miles $39k

thanks in advance. I’m familiar with 100’s but new to the 200 market!

Last edited:
Dangcat checked this one out extensively and said it appeared to be very clean and in good shape. Downsides: Rear damage report (not an accident Report) on the Carfax, synthetic oil only every 10K and 60K service deferred, Ironman Tires (wtf?).

They won’t seem to budge from their $42K + $700 doc fee.

Apparently, a Toyota dealership in FL did some brake pads and multi-point inspection prior to listing it for a month before it moved to Apex Imports.

$43K seems steep to me for a 15@72K miles, 2 owners, and deferred MX.

Well, it sold so guess we can add it to the list of prices paid :)

Need some input on pricing... looking fo purchase a truck for father who is currently in a beautiful 2005 100 series....

All of these are private party cars and there is some room to negotiate. I’m looking for input as I think they are listed a little high per my research here.. These are all LC’s brw

I’d shoot for the 2014 at a price around 43-44k.

Well, it sold so guess we can add it to the list of prices paid :)
I figured it would—to someone who doesn’t pay attention to tires, maintenance, and Carfax. Found a better one in VA Beach at a Maserati dealer for a few grand more. I’m trying to put the search on hold for a bit. Hopefully, sales will cool off this winter.

Saw the perfect car for me pop up on Carmax today. Right color (white), right interior (parchment), right year (2015), low miles (18k), and it was somewhere that they could ship it to me for free. Then I saw the price. $55k. For a 2015. What? And someone has either already bought it or had it shipped to them because it doesn't show up on the site anymore.

What is going on right now? It's like I'm living in Bizarro world.

Saw the perfect car for me pop up on Carmax today. Right color (white), right interior (parchment), right year (2015), low miles (18k), and it was somewhere that they could ship it to me for free. Then I saw the price. $55k. For a 2015. What? And someone has either already bought it or had it shipped to them because it doesn't show up on the site anymore.

Yikes.......I have heard used car prices are through the roof but that’s nuts.

Dang, that is so pretty. I chatted with a tiny used car dealer (picking up a uhaul) he said it’s crazy right now. Usually has 40 cars on the lot but is down to 12. He sold 5 cars the previous day. Three questions: Why are used sales booming? Where are all the used cars? When will the madness end so I can get my hands on a 200.

Yikes.......I have heard used car prices are through the roof but that’s nuts.
That's out of line with where prices are. They might have crept up a bit, but not like that. That should be a $42-45k car. Definitely not $55k.

Dang, that is so pretty. I chatted with a tiny used car dealer (picking up a uhaul) he said it’s crazy right now. Usually has 40 cars on the lot but is down to 12. He sold 5 cars the previous day. Three questions: Why are used sales booming? Where are all the used cars? When will the madness end so I can get my hands on a 200.
It's not just cars. Houses, too. Real estate markets in CO are going crazy, even in the mountains. House down the street from mine in the mountains sold for $594k 2 years ago. Owners did nothing to it other than new appliances, so maybe $5-10k. They just sold it for $825k.

The economy is in the toilet and people are buying up everything in sight. I don't get it at all.

Reactions: SAH
I just bought a house a few months ago fully expecting prices to tank but my real estate agent told me recently that the market is now red hot. Most things selling in 1-2 days and this is freaking Alabama. I guess a few trillion in funny money sprinkled among us poors will do that...

I wondered if auctions were super backed up causing the used vehicle shortage?

I also wondered if all the households with “free” stimulus down payments are buying up all the cars?

I have to believe come wintertime it will be a buyers market with lots of repo’s.

But I haven’t been right yet about the markets...

I wondered if auctions were super backed up causing the used vehicle shortage?
/QUOTE]

This is certainly part of the issue. Wholesale auctions still require lots of manual labor and onsite buyers so covid concerns hit the process hard. Aspects of the process will become more automated/online but its tough to economically replicate buyers onsite.

Two quick price check questions for the group:

1) What's a fair price for a '19 with 16k miles? Dealer says they took it in at $67k

2) What's a good price for a 2020 HE? 83K?

Last edited:
Any opinions on a 2020 Toyota Certified HE Edition value with 16k miles on it? Giving me 21.5k for a 2012 100k miles Tundra Crew Max Limited and wanting 77k for the LC HE. Thoughts?? Thanks!!

Black 2009 LX570 - 64000 miles , asking $30k (kinda firm) , worth it ? vs 120k miles around $25k . Which will you choose ?

Black 2009 LX570 - 64000 miles , asking $30k (kinda firm) , worth it ? vs 120k miles around $25k . Which will you choose ?
I'd get the best deal on the 64k truck I could.

I’m with him above.

I’d spend an extra 5K to save 60,000 miles. Admittedly, I’m searching around $40K So your needs might be different. But 60K is another 3-4 years of vehicle life...

It's available again if anyone wants to pay $10k over market for a 5 (almost 6) year old truck.

Ok guys.. I’m about the pull the trigger on the 2011 LC with 108k miles for $29k. West coast car with no rust, purchasing from second owner, and no accidents and good maintanence history via dealer.
Based on my research I feel good about this purchase - going to be a daily truck for my family for around 2-3 years till we can afford something nicer. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom