For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

What color is that HE? Seems like a much better deal than I see around here.

The HE is missing the 3rd row and compared to the 2019 you are considering also missing the rear seat screens. Additionally the HE has a roof rack that makes the car too tall for many parking garages, and it lacks the cool box, which is great for road trips.

It’s definitely the more “special” option compared to the 2019 but in a way you are getting less car for more money.

Last edited:
For me personally it would come down to whether I liked and wanted to keep the bronze heritage edition wheels. I wouldn't want to keep them on a black vehicle so I would choose the 2019. Also the cool-box and rear seats - which I would want. Most people will immediately remove the stupid roof rack.

Keep in mind also that the Heritage Edition was billed as this exclusive limited edition and now because of circumstances is going to be sold for at least 2 model years instead of the originally envisioned one model year. So they will be less rare than expected.

I wasn't aware there was more room on the 2020 HE to go, what should I place a target at? I tried everyone within a reasonable drive, got 83.9 and worked back towards me and only one accepted but cut the driving time in half.

Family consists of wife and newborn so no use for the rear ent. for a while, and with COVID the 3rd row will rarely if ever be utilized, which is why the 2020 HC is also in play. I agree with the sentiment for the desire of the HC but the ~12k discount for the 19 is undeniable. If I had a crystal ball for HC depreciation it would make this a lot easier. Thoughts?

Well, sounds like the 2021 HE has some changes. You can get 3 rows of seats and the dark grey is available.

For me personally it would come down to whether I liked and wanted to keep the bronze heritage edition wheels. I wouldn't want to keep them on a black vehicle so I would choose the 2019. Also the cool-box and rear seats - which I would want. Most people will immediately remove the stupid roof rack.

Keep in mind also that the Heritage Edition was billed as this exclusive limited edition and now because of circumstances is going to be sold for at least 2 model years instead of the originally envisioned one model year. So they will be less rare than expected.

Bronze wheels and 3m sticky logos hardly make for an exclusive car. Especially when said parts can be ordered online.

I really want to say go with the Heritage, but that 2019 is priced well. Also, if you intend to use rear entertainment like my family does, it makes sense.
Screw it. Get the Heritage! Just let me drive it sometime if you pass through SLC 😂. Honestly I think $83k is pretty good for HE. Not the best I’ve seen but it’s good.
The HE is missing the 3rd row and compared to the 2019 you are considering also missing the rear seat screens. Additionally the HE has a roof rack that makes the car too tall for many parking garages, and it lacks the cool box, which is great for road trips.

It’s definitely the more “special” option compared to the 2019 but in a way you are getting less car for more money.

Well, sounds like the 2021 HE has some changes. You can get 3 rows of seats and the dark grey is available.
Bronze wheels and 3m sticky logos hardly make for an exclusive car. Especially when said parts can be ordered online.
Don’t forget about the roof rack and bronze stitching on the inside ;)

Bought the 19! Thanks everyone!

Anyone have information on the vehicle?

2015 LX 570 in Apex, NC

Reported damage to the rear but I can’t find anything else on the damage. Checked the Lexus service records but they didn’t show anything.

Thoughts?

2015 LX 570 in Apex, NC

Reported damage to the rear but I can’t find anything else on the damage. Checked the Lexus service records but they didn’t show anything.

Thoughts?

I bought a similar truck in december of last year. private party, similar damage report, 53k miles... same year. I paid 43k. my guess is a fair price would be 38k

Allegedly, it’s at a “no-haggle” dealer. So I’m worried their current price is firm.

Allegedly, it’s at a “no-haggle” dealer. So I’m worried their current price is firm.

I was looking at that one too ;)

*holding out for 2016 plus, happy to take a look later this week on my Costco run.

I was looking at that one too ;)

*holding out for 2016 plus, happy to take a look later this week on my Costco run.
Dangcat is over there doing a thorough video walkthrough. Do you know the dealer? I actually want a 2015 TBH...also the prices are more palatable.

Dangcat is over there doing a thorough video walkthrough. Do you know the dealer? I actually want a 2015 TBH...also the prices are more palatable.

Perfect. I’m not familiar with them but seem to recall having flagged a couple cars there when was looking for my wife’s car.

Just adding this for the record . . . Purchased 5/31/2020. Supply in California for used 200 series was extremely limited so it was fortunate when this popped up and it met all of my criteria.
2018 LC200 Silver over Black
36k miles
Service Records Complete from Day 1
California Car from New
Paid $63.5k
Purchased from Elkgrove Ford

Last edited:

2015 LX 570 in Apex, NC

Thoughts?

Dangcat checked this one out extensively and said it appeared to be very clean and in good shape. Downsides: Rear damage report (not an accident Report) on the Carfax, synthetic oil only every 10K and 60K service deferred, Ironman Tires (wtf?).

They won’t seem to budge from their $42K + $700 doc fee.

Apparently, a Toyota dealership in FL did some brake pads and multi-point inspection prior to listing it for a month before it moved to Apex Imports.

$43K seems steep to me for a 15@72K miles, 2 owners, and deferred MX.

Do you guys think the depreciation of the 200 series will accelerate after the the release of the Bronco, Cyber Truck and LC 300 series? I'm looking into buying now with the intention of selling it maybe 8 years later.

Do you guys think the depreciation of the 200 series will accelerate after the the release of the Bronco, Cyber Truck and LC 300 series? I'm looking into buying now with the intention of selling it maybe 8 years later.

When you see 100 series still selling for close to 20k, I'd say it's doubtful.

I have been debating the same, but came to the conclusion it would not depreciate faster. That being said, I think 200s are selling at a higher premium now than they typically do, perhaps because inventory is so low.

Personally, I’m not interested in the Bronco or the cyber truck. I think the Bronco is super cool, but not for me (look forward to renting one). If we get the 300, sounds like it may be more of a hard core off roader (in my mind that means more of an FJ type truck). Rivian is of interest but not sure on waiting holding out for a car that isn’t even in production yet and don’t want to buy the first model year.

There are so few 200s in the US, I’m almost wondering if they will depreciate slower? Lots of speculation in here but just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom