For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

2015 LX, Black with Tan interior, 106K miles, all services done at dealer, new tires and water pump, getting new OEM windshield at dealer, $38K.
:oops: Sick Deal! I feel like I got ripped off![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I am in the same boat as you, lost a couple trying to squeeze the best deal instead of knowing I had a good deal. They are both dealers. Thanks, we look forward to meeting some of you out on the trails. Too bad I am in Texas and there isn't much overlanding here.
Texas Is a huge state. Gotta be some good stuff out west. Near Marfa.

I ran into a 2011 LX with luxury package and 85k miles (clean car asking 34k) and 2013 LX base with 100k miles asking 35k (damage being reported).

Do I need to worry about Carfax reports stating that "Damage reported" but no accident reported? Dealer calls clean Carfax report with no accidents. Should I avoid any such cars? Lot of cars out there seem to be with front or rear damage reported but with no accidents being reported. PPI is one thing but should I avoid them altogether? Anyone had experience buying such vehicles?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I am in the same boat as you, lost a couple trying to squeeze the best deal instead of knowing I had a good deal. They are both dealers. Thanks, we look forward to meeting some of you out on the trails. Too bad I am in Texas and there isn't much overlanding here.
The local group meets once a month. I hit Big Bend a few times a year. Good luck on your search. I am "kinda" looking for a 200 but do not want to sell the one I have now :)

The local group meets once a month. I hit Big Bend a few times a year. Good luck on your search. I am "kinda" looking for a 200 but do not want to sell the one I have now :)

Great, we went to Big Bend a couple of years ago and said when we get our land cruiser we would head back.

2015 LX, Black with Tan interior, 106K miles, all services done at dealer, new tires and water pump, getting new OEM windshield at dealer, $38K.

I found a black and tan with 75K mi on it, otd price is 38.8K. I hope to pick it up on Sat.

Only sticking point is they are charging me $250 for etching vin on parts of the car and $500 for permplate, which I guess is a treatment for inside the car. I said I am not paying to protect leather on a 6 year old vehicle that is going to be used for overlanding! That is nuts. he is talking to his manager, might have to comprise but we will see.

Last edited:
I found a black and tan with 75K mi on it, otd price is 38.8K. I hope to pick it up on Sat.

Only sticking point is they are charging me $250 for etching vin on parts of the car and $500 for permplate, which I guess is a treatment for inside the car. I said I am not paying to protect leather on a 6 year old vehicle that is going to be used for overlanding! That is nuts. he is talking to his manager, might have to comprise but we will see.
They want to sell me perma-bullsht but I found in the service history it had been applied at 5K miles.

Nope nope nope!

Atta Boy!:cool:

When you say out the door - including taxes, doc, title fee's etc? If so it is surely is a steal. Best wishes

Should I pay for Dealer Retail price for the LX from a private seller? There was an accident on Carfax noted 10 yearsback and the seller brushes it off as Windshield being replaced . Service history is not there much in Carfax and the seller claims that he had it done at small no name shops but he assures me that everything was taken care. I am planning to get PPI done before proceeding. Is going to Lexus dealership a good idea or an independent mechanic is better? I am paying top dollar for a 10 year old 120k LX, and with an aggressive seller .. any advice?

Should I pay for Dealer Retail price for the LX from a private seller? There was an accident on Carfax noted 10 yearsback and the seller brushes it off as Windshield being replaced . Service history is not there much in Carfax and the seller claims that he had it done at small no name shops but he assures me that everything was taken care. I am planning to get PPI done before proceeding. Is going to Lexus dealership a good idea or an independent mechanic is better? I am paying top dollar for a 10 year old 120k LX, and with an aggressive seller .. any advice?
I would not pay for retail price with accident record.

Unless yourself or friend know the independent mechanics, I would prefer Lexus dealership.

If you are not comfortable with the purchase, I would suggest you wait and look for another one. Patient is the key. Good luck 🍀

Its not the only used car in the world move on.

Seller sounds like an a$$hole. Move on. These are not rare.

pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom