For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
Miles really don’t matter, it’s a 2UZ. Find one that’s been well cared for, the best condition not lowest miles. Look for fresh rubber, suspension components, no rust. Check out slees buyers guide.

If you stay below 02, 4 speed tranny, you should save coin. 03-05 had 5 speed, 06-07 have vvti slightly more power, a few more moving parts that can be annoying to deal with.

I purchased an 03 from CA with 180k on the clock. No rust but faded paint and hard rubber/leather. I have a binder of dealer service records, tons of receipts.

I’ve thrown the following at it
Seat covers, not full replacement yet
8 OEM spark plugs PM
8 OEM ignition coils PM/replaced early failing 1
Lots of OEM rubber hoses in the engine bay, PS, emissions, evap, etc.
new ABS master+booster ($$$)
TRE
Sway bar bushings
Rubber window channels and rail
4 tires(doesn’t really count imo)

Some I did myself, other a friends shop. Might be 3-4k in parts and labor. I knew a 20 lux suv wasn’t going to be my cheapest option.

Good luck on your search!

So, what is a reasonable mileage threshold to stay under for reliability sake. Yes, already know about the timing belt and water pump service intervals.
There really isn't one. These trucks are 25 years old now. You need to look at service records and see what's been done because there are some spendy items that will need doing if they haven't been just from age not miles.
-
brake booster
- radiator
- bushings (it's possible to press in new ones on control arms but not for the faint of heart) & mounts
- CVs (flanges while you're at it)
- AHC on an LX
- speakers and/or amps are probably EOL

Just checking on the timing belt was a thing 10-15 years ago. Most of these out there have thousands of dollars in 'deferred maintenance'.

Which one of you is this :rofl:

with that math I can sell mine and buy the new LC250 with cash

I have a 2005 with 71,000 miles. No rust. I’m the second owner. First owner had it 19 years. I consider it to be low mileage.
I'd consider that low, too.

Apply, on average, 10k miles per year. a 1998 now has upwards of 260,000 miles and a 2007 has upwards of 170,000 miles. Below those numbers, based on year, is what I'd consider low.

I think 150k is low on the 100 series – bought mine with 100k, now I'm almost at 250k, rides the same or better as the day I got it.

I'd consider that low, too.

Apply, on average, 10k miles per year. a 1998 now has upwards of 260,000 miles and a 2007 has upwards of 170,000 miles. Below those numbers, based on year, is what I'd consider low.
Thanks …. A friend in North Georgia has a 2004 with 116,000 miles (2 owners) for sale. I’d also consider that low mileage.

I have a 2005 with 71,000 miles. No rust. I’m the second owner. First owner had it 19 years. I consider it to be low mileage.
Yep, you done real good!!! :cheers:

I think 150k is low on the 100 series – bought mine with 100k, now I'm almost at 250k, rides the same or better as the day I got it.
You have taken good care of it mate! Well Done! :cool:

There really isn't one. These trucks are 25 years old now. You need to look at service records and see what's been done because there are some spendy items that will need doing if they haven't been just from age not miles.
-
brake booster
- radiator
- bushings (it's possible to press in new ones on control arms but not for the faint of heart) & mounts
- CVs (flanges while you're at it)
- AHC on an LX
- speakers and/or amps are probably EOL

Just checking on the timing belt was a thing 10-15 years ago. Most of these out there have thousands of dollars in 'deferred maintenance'.
I just want to say that this one post saved me from making a relative novice and expensive mistake. Thank you.

Prices are going nuts. I'm seeing running 100 series cheap enough to buy as parts cars. It's wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom